Talk

Advanced search

Dungeons at Warwick castle for an 8 year old?

(5 Posts)
Sunnydaysrock Mon 23-May-16 22:03:28

Hi, we are going to Warwick castle next week and are not sure whether to get tickets for the dungeons for dh, dd12 and ds8 (I have ruled myself out on the grounds of not coping with dark, enclosed spaces already!). DS is a tough/brave boy, but I think the dungeons will probably be too much for him. Dh thinks he'll be fine, but if he isn't all 3 of them will have to leave! Would love to hear from others who have taken children of the same or similar ages.

harridan50 Mon 23-May-16 22:05:34

Not been in myself but seen adults leave distressed

MrsLeighHalfpenny Mon 23-May-16 22:28:07

He'll be fine. It's not that scary. My DDs loved it at about that age. It's fun scary, IYSWIM

PatriciaHolm Tue 24-May-16 22:18:22

Warwick suggest it's not suitable for the under 10s. I know mine would have hated it at 8.

Crisscrosscranky Thu 18-Aug-16 16:52:50

We've just come back from the castle - as PP have suggested the castle don't recommend for under 10's it's also £9 each on top of your ticket price if you upgrade after you've bought tickets.

Having been to London and Amsterdam Dungeon experiences I know my DD (9) would have been petrified!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now