Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in London over the Easter break

(5 Posts)
Mumofmanychores Wed 23-Mar-16 13:02:47

Looking for ideas on places to go or visit during the Easter break that is either free or not too expensive as we have surely booked a theme park trip and a trip to the theatre.

Children are aged 1, 5, 14 and 18. We have been to both science and history museum so many times Ive lost track counting.

MrTiddlestheFatCat Wed 23-Mar-16 14:18:13

Depends what they are interested in- history, shopping, sightseeing? Or happy to try anything?

And would you all want to do stuff all together or could the older kids do separate things?

Mumofmanychores Wed 23-Mar-16 22:14:54

I think they would be interested to try anything. Things we could do together really. So far we have swimming added to our list of things to do.

I have heard cutty sark in Greenwich is good. What's it like any good.

Kids are into films, history and anything that is hands on.

TuttiFrutti Thu 24-Mar-16 15:40:02

Here's what we do: go to the National Gallery (free). Go to the shop first and let each child choose a postcard of their favourite painting. Then buy the map, and get the children to try to find their way to the right gallery.

We spend about 5 mins max discussing the painting, then move on to the next one.

Then you can walk to Covent Garden to see the buskers, human statues, etc.

franksidebottom Sat 26-Mar-16 15:23:59

Sky garden i recommend it to everyone its free but you do have to book tickets online and print them take a look at their website otherwise off the top of my head, Museum of London, a walk down the Southbank to look at the sights, a trip to Hamleys and a walk around Carnaby street?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now