Talk

Advanced search

Harry Potter Studio

(12 Posts)
hemel07 Sun 13-Mar-16 21:31:02

Where is the best place to buy tickets for Harry Potter experience? The official website or are there deals to be had?

TeenAndTween Mon 14-Mar-16 10:30:26

official website I think. we looked when we went and couldn't find any deals. you know there are timed slots for entrance, so book early to get your preferred arrival time. we had a great day.

hemel07 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:14:53

Thankyou, I've booked for 12:30 on a Sunday. Can we take food in with us? How long does it all take? We are driving down from Leeds so need to plan quite carefully!

TeenAndTween Tue 15-Mar-16 13:09:47

Yes you can take food in.

The first bit is timed.
- A pre talk
- Then entry into the Great hall
- Then ushered on to the first half

First half you can do at your own pace but once left you can't go back in.
- loads of sets and set designs
- green screen area to ride broomsticks & flying car (photos cost ££)
- a place to practice your own spells

Then through to café area. Butterbeer on sale (1 is enough for all of you, it is an acquired taste I think). Can buy food (not a great selection) or eat your own.

Outside café area are large items - Dursley's house, Knight Bus, etc
You can go in and out of outside area and café.

After outside area is second section. Again once entered you can't go back. Lots of stuff on make up, costumes, animatronics. Model of Hogwarts.

Exit then shop. (£££)

If you arrive early you can go into the shop first if you want. There is also a café before you enter if you want, don't know if you can eat your own food in that bit.

We were there around 4-5 hours. My DDs aren't known for looking at things in great detail, and some wasn't suitable for youngest who had only read the first 2 books at that point (and only seen those films).

Even DH who is not a HP fan enjoyed himself.

Have fun.

hemel07 Wed 16-Mar-16 19:59:45

Thanks, thats all really helpful. Which would you say is the best bit? Should we spend as much time as we can in first bit?

TeenAndTween Wed 16-Mar-16 20:40:57

I preferred the first half. I liked seeing some of the room sets, like the boy's dormitory, and the Weasley's living room. There really is loads and loads to see.

Ideally spend as long as you want in the first half ...
... and then as long as you want in the second half too. grin

At some point, and I forget when, is Platform 9 and 3/4 with the train, that's great too.

It will be expensive to go back another time so get your money's worth!

hemel07 Wed 16-Mar-16 21:27:01

Am really excited!

LIZS Wed 16-Mar-16 21:32:46

We went last weekend . Get the audio guide and take your time. You can't linger in the great hall for long. Worth pausing at the backlot cafe, as there is still plenty to come. We didn't and it still took 3 hours but the rest is a free for all. We felt the volume of people was very well managed. If the queue at the entrance is short you may be admitted earlier than your start time.

LIZS Wed 16-Mar-16 21:38:14

Platform 9 3/4 is between the first part of sets, props and costumes and the backlot with exteriors, bridge, vehicles and chess set. Then the prosthetics, animatronics , Diagon Alley and concept drawings. There is a picnic area but may be outside.

hemel07 Fri 18-Mar-16 17:04:11

I'm worried we might take a wrong turn and miss something important!

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-16 17:12:16

If you have the audioguide everything is numbered and you can only really head one way.

PerspicaciaTick Fri 18-Mar-16 17:14:30

It is very roomy with plenty of room to spread out and look closely at things. And you can go back and forth within the area that you are in so I think you will struggle to miss things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now