Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for Chessington please?

(12 Posts)
DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 05-Mar-16 11:52:55

Hi there, we are going next weekend for the first time. Does anyone have any hint/tips please?

RandomMess Sat 05-Mar-16 11:59:18

What ages are the DC and are you going for 2 days? Are you staying locally?

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 05-Mar-16 12:20:53

Ages 3, 6 and 8. Staying in the Chessington hotel on Friday and a premier inn on the Saturday.

RandomMess Sat 05-Mar-16 15:12:22

With 2 days you should get everything done. On the Sunday turn up at least half an hour before it opens to park and leave a packed tea in the car to eat after the place is shut as it can take a while to get out of the car park...

If your 8 year old will want to go on the big rides then get them done first thing or last thing.

Tiny Truckers has an incredibly slow queue...

I haven't been with young children for about 6 years so not sure what else to tell you!!! If you've been to LEGOLAND it is nowhere near as busy/hellish as that wink

CarrieLouise25 Sat 05-Mar-16 15:25:49

Is it the annual pass weekend?

If so, you'll get on everything as it's nice and quiet smile

Although last year, we went, and 7 of the major rides were closed. We did the hotel thing too and a premier inn! Hope you have better luck with the rides this year smile

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 05-Mar-16 15:50:14

Yes it's the pass weekend. Fingers crossed everything's open! Bit of a con that?? confused
Yes done Legoland in the school hols !!!

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 05-Mar-16 15:51:09

Is it worth eating at hotel or better going off site?

RandomMess Sat 05-Mar-16 17:20:39

Sorry I lived locally so never used the hotel!!!!

The food sold in the theme park is okay.

CarrieLouise25 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:11:30

Food at hotel very expensive. Eating at Chessington itself not too bad. They do pizza buffet like pizza hut and you'll get 20% discount with your passes. Otherwise we went off and found a harvester nice and cheap.

We've done legoland in summer hols...never again! You should have a fab time as chessington is usually manic. It isn't nicknamed chessington world of queues for no reason!

Have a lovely time smile

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 05-Mar-16 20:51:20

Thankyou both smile

Toffeelatteplease Thu 10-Mar-16 09:19:11

The chessington hotel food - zafari grill- is expensive but the food and atmosphere is fantastic, I love it! A real treat.

The temple buffet was awful when we went

The pizza pasta buffet is ok, the food is perfectly fine for theme park food it tends to be a little manic.

Nowadays we tend to eat at the fish and chip place, burritos place or the fried chicken. It tends to be a little quieter

Make sure you spend a little time enjoying the animals. The sea lion show is a must see, we like carnivore feeding time and the walk through animal enclosures. I love zafari.

DragonmotherKhaleesi Thu 10-Mar-16 15:59:01

Thankyou, we are booked in the zafari grill for dinner smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now