things to do in LA with a toddler (no car!)

(7 Posts)
PipersOrange Fri 26-Feb-16 17:07:27

I'm going to LA in March with my DP as he has a business trip out there and I'm taking my 18 mo son. I've just been looking online and it seems like everything needs a car to access! Is there anything toddler friendly I can do during the day that accessible by walking/public transport? We're staying in Korea Town

Bunbaker Sat 27-Feb-16 23:38:57

LA in general is not pedestrian friendly. According to Trip Advisor the area is great for eating out. It has loads of bars and restaurants and a shopping mall, but it doesn't sound like there is much else to do, especially with a toddler.

PipersOrange Mon 07-Mar-16 10:30:18

Oh no. That's what I was worried about. The hotel has been changed last minute from one with a pool and buffet breakfast to just a room so I'm going to have to find stuff to do all day! I'll just have to hope the bus routes are okay at this rate...

indyandlara Mon 07-Mar-16 10:45:12

Depending on where you are in Koreatown consider catching a cab to the Westin Bonaventure Hotel and then you could do the Downtown loop of the Startline Hop On Bus Tour. Alternatively La Brea Tar Pits are also about a 10 min cab ride and would probably appeal to a toddler. Again you could the use the hop on and off bus and ride the Hollywood Loop from LA Brea. Can you tell my daughter loved buses at that age?

PipersOrange Mon 07-Mar-16 12:23:26

Thanks indy! Are buses buggy friendly? I have a baby carrier that I'll probably try and use most of the time but have a collapsible maclaren that I'm debating whether to take with me (ds is walking but not well enough to manage all day on foot)

PipersOrange Mon 07-Mar-16 12:27:43

Thanks indy! Are buses buggy friendly? I have a baby carrier that I'll probably try and use most of the time but have a collapsible maclaren that I'm debating whether to take with me (ds is walking but not well enough to manage all day on foot)

LondonHuffyPuffy Mon 07-Mar-16 12:41:28

Uber cabs are your friend in LA. They are cheap, clean, convenient, always on time and totally different from my experience of Uber in the UK. Everywhere has free wifi so you can just order it from the hotel, then when you're ready to head back you can find a cafe with wifi (Starbucks everywhere!).

The Getty museum is lovely and lots of space for a toddler to run around outside. It's free to get in.

Can't help on the buggy friendliness of buses - don't have kids and we never actually got on a bus! We just took an Uber everywhere.

Hope you have a great time. I bloody love LA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now