Birmingham- day out

(6 Posts)
CamdenTownie Sun 14-Feb-16 17:05:10

Hi can anyone here recommend things to do near to Birmingham Bull Ring? I'll be visiting for the day during half term and whilst I love shopping I'll have three children (9 - 13 years) with me that would like to do something else, I won't have a car but am happy to use public transport to travel a short distance.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Muskateersmummy Sun 14-Feb-16 17:10:22

Think tank is fantastic, very interactive science and mechanical place. Sealife is close by too, but book in advance otherwise you'll queue for hours

Sotaku Sat 20-Feb-16 17:30:34

The ideas the previous poster mentions are the first that sprung to mind for me. Also, the museum and art gallery are free and have a kid's trail (or have whenever I've been). They often have special events or exhibitions so check if there's one your kids would be interested in.

You can go to the top of the new library for a great view over the city.

There are canal trips from Gas Street Basin and from outside the canal by Symphony Hall.

Sotaku Sat 20-Feb-16 17:31:59

Oh, just saw you said half term. I'm probably too late then. blush Perhaps someone else mind find the info useful though.

99percentchocolate Sat 20-Feb-16 17:32:14

Think Tank definitely. The sea life centre is great but Think Tank definitely has the edge.

CMOTDibbler Sat 20-Feb-16 17:33:12

The museum and art gallery is brilliant - we went this week, and there is just so much to see there.

Personally, I think the Sealife centre isn't very good (and always jammed) and though Thinktank is great, 9-13 would be a bit old for it imo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now