Talk

Advanced search

Have you seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

(16 Posts)
londonmum27 Wed 13-Jan-16 14:42:00

We're planning on booking tickets to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for Half Term. I saw this article about what's like behind the scenes and it looks amazing: www.culturewhisper.com/whisper/view/id/6146
Has anyone been? What did you think? What age would you say it's best for?

PatriciaHolm Sat 16-Jan-16 17:44:06

I took DD and 2 of her friends for her 10th birthday and we all enjoyed it, though not as good as Matilda.

mouldycheesefan Sat 16-Jan-16 17:46:05

I too have heard it's not as good as Matilda but op may already have seen that.
My daughters like wicked ( age 8)

WellTidy Sat 16-Jan-16 17:48:19

Yes and it is absolutely brilliant. Ds 7yo was captivated. Would you be able to wait until August? That's when we went, as kids go free when an adult buys a seat. There is limited availability on that deal, but we went mid August to a matinee.

DullUserName Sat 16-Jan-16 17:54:23

It's fab! The sets are stunning. I did think the songs were better in Matilda, and their set is far simpler and highly ingenious, but Charlie is the bigger spectacle.

Crusoe Sat 16-Jan-16 18:00:43

It was so brilliant we are thinking of going again. My 8 year old loved both Charlie and Matilda but Charlie had the edge!

Lilaclily Fri 22-Apr-16 18:22:38

How long does it last a d is there an interval ? Also is it walkable from Covent Garden? Clueless in London !

SteamyMcDreamy Fri 22-Apr-16 18:25:41

We enjoyed it but were a bit disappointed that they only sing one song from the original film. My DC were really looking forward to the Oompa Loompa song.

Lilaclily Fri 22-Apr-16 18:32:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lilaclily Fri 22-Apr-16 18:32:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lilaclily Fri 22-Apr-16 18:32:27

Was there an interval steamy?

Lilaclily Fri 22-Apr-16 18:34:04

Oops not sure what happened there grin

3littlefrogs Fri 22-Apr-16 18:37:23

It was lovely but the sound quality was terrible. A shame because the tickets are so expensive. You couldn't hear the words of any of the songs. (And it wasn't just me being elderly and deaf, DD, who has perfect hearing, said exactly the same thing).

Lilaclily Fri 22-Apr-16 18:39:52

Gosh little frogs you'd think a big production like that would get the sound right ! :-(

SteamyMcDreamy Sat 23-Apr-16 17:17:58

Yes there was an interval

LindorBunny Sun 01-May-16 18:30:06

It's practically in Covent Garden it's so close. I thought the sound quality was fine, so maybe it depends on the seats?

It closes this year so probably best to book soonish. That said, there were quite a few empty seats when we went and I'd expected it to be packed given it was school holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now