Talk

Advanced search

london nightlife?

(6 Posts)
franksidebottom Wed 04-Nov-15 20:32:31

Hi mn, can anyone recommend anywhere to go in central London to eat and drink for sat night. Meeting a friend. Both of us used to work in central London in a former life but now totally out of the loop, poss around Westminster, picaddily circus area. Thankyou

sleepwhenidie Wed 04-Nov-15 20:35:31

Give us a steer! Type of food, atmosphere, budget? There's everything imaginable available after all smile

franksidebottom Wed 04-Nov-15 20:59:52

Righto. Not to pricey, relaxed, not overly dressy or poncy. A nice pub or bar would be great and pub food absolutely fine but not a weatherspoons grin

superram Wed 04-Nov-15 21:09:21

I would go to car any street as lots of pubs and bars and that funny little square behind it is nice-look on a map. Just next to Oxford Circus.

Just read op properly, Westminster is not great but I do like the bar at royal festival hall then south bank for food?
Piccadilly Circus is near enough to walk into soho. Any nicholdons pub is usually busy and reasonable pub food.

sleepwhenidie Thu 05-Nov-15 08:04:37

Bit of a stroll from Picadilly Circus but I'd head for Soho and then you can go to several places. If you want a sit down meal if go somewhere like Dean St Townhouse (American style brasserie, grills, fish etc). Not cheap however. Or Balans (burgers, steak, Thai curry) has a great atmosphere (gorgeous gay staff) and is reasonably priced.

If you like seafood then Randall and Aubin is great, you can get a seafood platter or lobster and chips and bubbles and sit on stools at high counters, there's loud music , a big disco ball and (again) lovely gay staff that mean the atmosphere is party like.

Busaba Eathai is fantastic if you fancy Thai style.

Pix is great fun, fab atmosphere and cheap (tapas served from the bar, with a big or small skewer to denote price).

I'd follow up your meal with coffee/dessert at Bar Italia and there are loads of bars you could choose from. This will feel like a proper London night out IMO smile

franksidebottom Thu 05-Nov-15 11:57:07

Ahh thankyou for your suggestions sadly ill kids may mean I have to postpone sat night. But shall keep all ideas when rearranged

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now