Talk

Advanced search

best swimming pool/ waterpark in the UK

(20 Posts)
Picturesofmatchstickmen Sat 22-Aug-15 15:56:54

Please share your experiences with me, I am looking for an indoor pool or waterpark that has slides, flumes, bubbles, waves etc etc, it is for October half term. It will be our family holiday for one week so I don't mind travelling anywhere in England or Wales, the DC just loved the haven pool at Devon cliffs and no holiday since has matched it, not even Disney! They are 9 and 7. Thanks all.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 22-Aug-15 16:04:52

Centre Parcs? Alton towers water world?

Picturesofmatchstickmen Sat 22-Aug-15 17:51:44

Thank you, just looking at the Alton towers one, looks good

starlight2007 Sat 22-Aug-15 17:54:32

We have done Alton towers and water world is near by..I really enjoyed Alton towers but we are close enough never to need to stay.

I preferred Alton towers to water world

Picturesofmatchstickmen Sat 22-Aug-15 18:02:09

Thanks, just googled waterworld, it looks really promising as they are close together, we could do both although I bet they are jam packed October half term!

MagicD Sat 22-Aug-15 18:08:58

The one at Alton Towers is great. When we went you had to book beforehand, but this ensures that it's not too busy.
We went to Waterworld in the holidays once, it was good but far too busy for my liking. Queued to get in, queued for changing cubicle and queued for every slide, plus the pool was packed.

RatOnnaStick Sat 22-Aug-15 18:10:25

We're planning to do Alton Towers waterpark in october. Can anybody answer whether they take Tesco Clubcard vouchers the same as the theme park does?

Picturesofmatchstickmen Sat 22-Aug-15 18:13:09

I don't think so, I looked for it in the clubcard rewards but it only mentions an Alton towers resort day ticket, the waterpark needs a separate ticket

butmumineedit Sat 22-Aug-15 20:36:29

Butlins at Skegness , fab water slides and pool there was refurbished 2 yes ago.

butmumineedit Sat 22-Aug-15 20:37:43

Or you could try Dunirell in Holland, best indoor water park we have ever seen

Donthate Sat 22-Aug-15 20:38:02

Sandcastle in Blackpool is fab.

Twolefttoes Sat 22-Aug-15 20:44:26

I have been to the Alton towers one and whinfell center parc. Really enjoyed both. There is more to do in terms of slides and pools at the cp one. If you're going for a holiday rather than day trip, I would pick cp.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Sat 22-Aug-15 20:46:41

Friends went to Bluestone in South Wales and thought it was wonderful. Lovely accommodation and a great water park opposite. (We can't go because no dogs are allowed). ��

Floralnomad Sat 22-Aug-15 20:47:10

Sandcastle at Blackpool is better than Alton Towers .

FelixFelix Sat 22-Aug-15 20:51:24

Sandcastle hands down! It's amazing.

monkeyfacegrace Sat 22-Aug-15 20:51:47

Devon cliffs pool is shocking!

If you liked that one, then try to get a day pass for a Center Parcs. Those pools IME are unbeatable in the UK.

ToTheGups Sat 22-Aug-15 20:56:21

I have enjoyed the Sandcastle in Blackpool and the one in South Wales Bluestone was good too.

Picturesofmatchstickmen Sun 23-Aug-15 10:02:07

Lol monkey maybe I'm aiming unnecessarily high with the water parks, does anyone know any caravan parks that have really good indoor pools?

serin Wed 21-Oct-15 21:46:15

Hafan Y mor holiday park has a great pool and the one at Butlins Minehead is fabulous.

mouldycheesefan Mon 23-Nov-15 09:52:18

Anothe vote for centreparcs. I don't rate the bluestone pool at all.

You can't get day tickets to centre parks, used to be able to get them if you were visiting people staying there but guess that is no help to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now