Talk

Advanced search

Please help to plan my itinerary to make the most of a few days in London with DC?

(6 Posts)
MrsKitty Thu 06-Aug-15 23:33:19

Off to London on Sunday with DH, DS (8) and DD (nearly 6).

We're staying by the Excel centre, which I realise is a bit out of the way (have stayed there before) but it was within budget.

We're arriving at Paddington Station on Sunday lunchtime and leaving Wednesday evening.

DS would like to go to the Imperial War museum and The British Museum.
DD wants to go to Coram's Fields and on the Cable cars
I'm wondering about Olympic Park and the Tower Bridge Experience, but I'd also quite like to see the sights around Westminster and Trafalgar Sq (because it doesn't feel like a trip to London without them!)

We also have tickets to Wicked! at the Apollo in Victoria on Tuesday evening at 19:30.

I've become paralysed with indecision about the most effective way to fit it all in (or whether it's realistic!) and I also need eating out suggestions so that we don't spend the whole time in the same places we eat out at home! I also don't know where the time has gone so far this summer holiday and I'll be at work for 12 hours tomorrow and saturday so am not going to get time to sit down and properly think about it!

Any help gratefully received flowerscake

cariadlet Thu 06-Aug-15 23:38:13

I'd recommend the Science Museum - it's on the top of dd's list whenever we go to London.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Thu 06-Aug-15 23:41:19

You could do Westminster, Trafalgar Square and the Imperial War Museum on the same day - I'd get a bus to the museum early, then walk or bus back over Lambeth Bridge and along Millbank to Parliament Square and along Whitehall to Trafalgar Square. You could easily odd around in this sort of area on Tuesday and go straight to the Apollo for the show (eg National Gallery, along the river front, eat somewhere on Victoria Street - bound to be somewhere with an offer on)

MrsKitty Fri 07-Aug-15 10:10:54

Thanks Cariadlet , we will get there one day but want to avoid adding anymore museums to the mix this time as DS has specifically requested those two...
closertofifty yes, I'd been thinking imperial war museum on the same day as the show would probably work. Pretty sure when I was at school 20 odd years ago there was a bus route that went from near IWM past Parliament Sq and down Victoria St...I wonder if that route's still there. No idea which bus though!

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Fri 07-Aug-15 13:16:51

It's the 148 bus you need

The TFL journey planner is really good, BTW, for working out how to get around

endoftetherreached Sat 15-Aug-15 16:55:44

We have been to London today. We aren't far away and our dcs aren't great with long days out so only did a couple of things. However, the one place that was only meant to be a short stop off turned out to be everyone's favourite! It was m and m world. Basically a big shop dedicated to m and ms. Lots of things are ridiculously priced but there are a few cute souvenirs plus lots of photo opportunities. We all loved itgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now