Talk

Advanced search

Vampire ride and flip flops

(15 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Wed 29-Jul-15 20:08:01

What do you do if you are on a hanging rollarcoaster and ate wearing flip flops birkenstocks or the like

kormachameleon Wed 29-Jul-15 20:08:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharlieUniformNovemberTango Wed 29-Jul-15 20:13:24

pack a roll of sellotape?

In all seriousness though, I think they have space beside rides for bags so your shoes can go there I would think.

VelmaD Wed 29-Jul-15 20:15:16

from memory signs say you must wear shoes, but cannot wear flip flops. so they can refuse you to ride. wear trainers or pumps instead.

GreenShadow Wed 29-Jul-15 20:24:18

I wouldn't wear flip flop style shoes to a theme park. Safer to wear something more substantial like trainers.

Toffeelatteplease Wed 29-Jul-15 20:40:02

More than happy to take them off and leave them in the locker but I did have vague memories of signs. Wondering if I had remembered correctly (or the right theme park) and whether it was enforced.

Not sure the need for trainers given the size of Chessington confused Usually I wear strapped sandals but my new footbeds are so comfortable that if it wasn't for the vampire ride issue I would definitely wear them.

Toffeelatteplease Wed 29-Jul-15 20:41:03

gringringrin at the roll of sellotape..... I am tempted

VelmaD Wed 29-Jul-15 20:43:22

i seem to remember a sign on the monkey swings too.

we always walk loads at theme parks, even Chessington. i always wear converse style pumps that are quick to dry out from the water rides and comfortable for good or bad weather. but im not really a flip flop wearer at all tbh!

Happy36 Wed 29-Jul-15 20:45:20

Trainers better. Put flipflops in your bag if there is a beachy area where you want to wear them for part of the day.

ChippyMinton Wed 29-Jul-15 20:48:29

You have to take them off as they fall off and smack passers-by on the head! Stick them in your back in the cubby at the side of the ride.

Ragusa Wed 29-Jul-15 20:48:33

Whoever said that you're not allowed on without shoes is correct - you aren't, so it's closed in shoes only. When I asked, they said it was in case the ride stopped and you had to get off via one of those platforms - they're basically metal grates.

TheBobbinIsWound Wed 29-Jul-15 21:01:25

The vampire is not a "dangly feet" ride, you're sat in a carriage which hangs below the teach but you are totally enclosed.
You're talking the Vampire at chessington right?
You can wear anything on that pants ride with literally no risk. It doesn't go upside down or anything, just runs around a track, hanging under in an enclosed little train.

Rameses Revenge spins like fury. If you're tall and can ram your feet into the floor you might be ok. I personally wouldn't risk it but PP was right, you will not be allowed on any ride barefoot and yes, they will enforce it.

TheBobbinIsWound Wed 29-Jul-15 21:04:23

I stand corrected and apologise (just googled it) the vampire has new cars.

it's still a shite ride

Converse are your friend

Toffeelatteplease Wed 29-Jul-15 21:14:29

No it is definitely a dangly feet ride. When it was first put in the trains were enclosed but it was retro fitted about 10-15 years back.

Not actually flips flops but non crocs style crocs so fantastic for wet ride and weather! The footbed is so comfortable.

Knew I would have to take them off but couldn't work out the problem with bare feet. Of course it's obvious when you mention evacuation!!! blush

Got to say I've done chessington in both high heeled sandals and boots no problem. I did alton towers in stupid heeled sandals once when I was young and foolish I did regret that one. Now I'm old and decrepid it's sensible shoes all the way but I still don't own a pair of trainers wink

Toffeelatteplease Wed 29-Jul-15 21:15:28

grin x posted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now