Outing for two 8 year olds Hertfordshire/Middlesex/London

(8 Posts)
Dancergirl Sun 26-Jul-15 23:27:43

8 year old dd has a friend coming tomorrow and I want to take them out somewhere fun. Preferably not going into Central London and think the weather looks bad again.

Any ideas?

HuckleberryMishMash Sun 26-Jul-15 23:33:53

Beaconscot Model Village, Chessington (if it rains for more than an hour you get a free ticket to return another day or something like that), Natural History museum in Tring, Snow centre in Hemel, one of the big swimming pools with slides etc., bowling somewhere, ice skating somewhere.

Hmm, not sure I've been terribly helpful. I'll be interested to see others' ideas!

Dancergirl Sun 26-Jul-15 23:35:37

I was thinking maybe about the Roald Dahl museum in Bucks. But confusingly there seem to be TWO museums, are they separate?

Bowling or ice skating might be possibilities......

HuckleberryMishMash Sun 26-Jul-15 23:42:51

Yes they're separate. The one in Aylesbury was an absolute hit with my DNs when I took them (at ages 10 & 6). Aylesbury also has a fun pool with flumes and a lazy river so that would give you a complete, very fun, but not too pricey, day out.

The one in Great Missenden is charming but not as exciting for kids.

Why didn't I think of these - great idea Dancergirl!

Dancergirl Sun 26-Jul-15 23:51:33

Have I answered my own thread? grin

Keep the suggestions coming though!

Dancergirl Sun 26-Jul-15 23:52:30

Pool sounds good, would I have to get in with them? They can both swim.

HuckleberryMishMash Mon 27-Jul-15 00:14:42

I don't have kids (and haven't taken DNs swimming at Aquavale) so I don't know what their policy will be. Might be worth a quick phone call in the morning to establish whether you have to go in with them.

HuckleberryMishMash Mon 27-Jul-15 00:16:57

I think you have answered your own thread smile

The Roald Dahl museum really is a brilliant idea! When I took DNs in the summer holidays we had the place to ourselves for the morning so they had the run of the place and I felt it was acceptable for me to join in in crawling through the Fantastic Mr Fox tunnel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now