Talk

Advanced search

Days out not far from M4 route.

(5 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Thu 23-Jul-15 18:27:14

I'm dropping dh off at hesthrow airport from the West Country on Monday. With two children in tow.

Dropping off at 10:30am and want to possibly stay over the night on route back, either reading or eleswhere and do something after dropping him off then something fun the whole of the next day.

Like country park with kids activities kind of thing. Interested in Wellington country park but would like more suggestions for a whole day on the Tuesday. Happy to get home late ish.
Needs to be disability friendly (ie not full of rides that I must go on with the children! And not mainly hills) and needs reasonable eating facilities as I'm not carrying anything except sun cream water bottles wallet phone!

Thanks!

PavlovtheCat Thu 23-Jul-15 18:28:03

Oh and don't want to go to legoland. Once was enough this year for me ��

Ausflug Thu 23-Jul-15 18:47:46

What age are your children?
Wellington Country Park is very good, but I slightly prefer Beale Park in Pangbourne for younger children - it is close to M4 junction 12. They have some similarities, but Beale Park has more zoo animals and birds - Wellington Country Park has a farm instead. They both have a miniature train, adventure playgrounds, cafe etc.

PavlovtheCat Thu 23-Jul-15 19:00:18

They are 5 and 9. I went to a fab one once on the way back from the airport, about 15 mins from the motorway with high ropes etc but can't for the life of me remember the name!! I'll go look at Beale park thank you

PlayingHouse Thu 23-Jul-15 23:38:22

Go Ape?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now