Talk

Advanced search

Burnham on Sea

(6 Posts)
HugoRune Tue 21-Jul-15 20:26:18

Staying here in a static caravan for a week. Any suggestions for places to go or places to avoid? We've already bookmarked Glastonbury Tor and Cheddar Gorge as places to go, as well as mooting Wooky Hole as exorbitantly and prohibitively expensive for our travels. Suggestions greatly appreciated, thank you in advance! smile

CalmerChamaeleon Tue 21-Jul-15 20:45:56

If you have children aged between 4 and 11, try tobogganing at the mendip snowsports centre. They also have frisbee golf which sounds great fun. There were vouchers on groupon recently too, but I'm not sure they're still available.
Brean Down is worth the climb, with a great beach and icecream at the bottom.
Puxton Park is fantastic for active kids too.
Enjoy Somersetsmile

HugoRune Tue 21-Jul-15 21:38:18

I'll look those up, thank you! ��

HugoRune Tue 21-Jul-15 21:40:18

There should have been a smile in there, silly phone! (hope this works!) smile

suitsyousir Tue 21-Jul-15 21:45:39

The water park and theme park at brean are quite good. you should be able to pick up half price wristband vouchers for the theme park at local tourist places or those leaflet stands in shops.

Glastonbury Abbey - they have people in character on site, the monk cooking was fun!
Ham Wall near Glastonbury for bird watching. I used to take my childminded children there. Sounds a bit dry but they loved it.
Animal Farm Adventure Park. Burnham - ages 3 - 12ish loved it.
Royal Victoria Park in Bath if you want to drive that far. Free and huge.
Weston Super Mare beach front has been tarted up recently. A great improvement.
Bishops Palace, Wells - have children's craft days on Weds through the summer.
Wookey Hole pirate crazy golf - you pay separately for that so don't have to fork out full entry fee.
Cheddar sweet shop watching them make sweets although he can be a bit grumpy! And you might see water voles in the lake in front of it.

Can you tell where I live?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now