Talk

Advanced search

Essex Parks (dog free)

(2 Posts)
FeyRalph Mon 13-Jul-15 10:49:26

Hello, can anyone recommend a nice park(s) in or near Essex that have a no dog policy? A bit controversial but the area I live in is horrendously bad for dog fouling and the parks are all filthy, its driving me mad not being able to let my kids run about because of how bad the dog mess is, I'm forever binning shoes or scrubbing my buggy wheels because I cant seem to miss it and with the expensive six week hols fast approaching it'd be nice to do some low cost outdoorsy things together. Any suggestions welcome x

ShirleySmears Mon 13-Jul-15 11:00:38

I don't think you're going to find a dog free park TBH, but if you have young children and will be going a lot, a season ticket for somewhere like Marsh Farm might be worthwhile. It's not much more than a single visit and you then have unlimited use of the well maintained, clean playground, sandpits and soft play etc.

Whereabouts are you? I find the country parks are OK, once you get away for the carpark and built up areas. People prepared to walk their dogs properly seem more willing/able to pick up their mess than those going for a very short walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now