Talk

Advanced search

Days out near Norwich

(8 Posts)
krisskross Thu 28-May-15 08:23:41

Hi, we're off camping today to.clippesby hall near Norwich can't wait!

Bu... The weather forecast is not great....can anyone suggest days out nearby for rainy days, with children aged between four and ten.

Thank you!

fancyanotherfez Thu 28-May-15 08:26:37

Hi I can only think of outdoors places, but look up www.Norfolk places.co.UK

krisskross Thu 28-May-15 08:35:36

Great, thanks fancy. Am currently willing the weather to be great.... I suppose it might fail!

lljkk Thu 28-May-15 08:36:01

Not Bewilderwood if it's wet.
Hippodrome circus in Yarmouth is brill, my kids have loved it.
The Marina/Waves machine in Yarmouth is alright, too.
Norwich castle is fine in the wet (not cheap, check for coupons).
Forum, Norwich children's library, fill up a bit more indoor time. There's usually a kiddy event in the main forum area itself in half term (check website).
There is a good indoor play area at the Dino Park (Lenwade) but will be heaving busy this week.

Fairylea Thu 28-May-15 08:39:12

Puppet theatre norwich
Cinemas in Lowestoft and norwich
Norwich theatre royal may have something on.
Sealife centre great Yarmouth
Southwold pier (even if it's stormy still fun, lots of old penny machines)
Visit some of the smaller villages a bit further out - Diss, Wymondham, Bury St Edmunds - a bit of a trek but worth it for somewhere different to look round.

sauvignonismydrug Thu 28-May-15 09:18:14

If you don't mind a 50 minute drive to the coast, muckleburgh tank museum is great - might sound a bit dull but we took 5 kids ranging from 14 to 3 and they all really enjoyed it. It's just outside Sheringham, which is lovely to look around. Also would recommend a visit to Cromer for a real traditional seaside town. Even when the weather is poor, our kids live crabbing on the pier or pestering to go in the arcades!

lljkk Thu 28-May-15 21:09:59

I couldn't do that drive in 50 minutes, more like 1 hour+20min I reckon, each way. Google maps time calculations on the A149 are very wrong ime, btw.

MiaT28 Mon 06-Jul-15 12:20:02

Go Ape in Thetford! It's awesome and you can spend a whole day in the forest. www.goape.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now