Talk

Advanced search

Groombridge Enchanted Forest, Kent, any good?

(8 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Mon 27-Apr-15 20:18:49

Trying to find somewhere for a great day out this Bank Holiday weekend.

DCs are 6 and 8.

Have wanted to try Groombridge for some time. We live about 1 and a half hours away.

Tia

PandasRock Mon 27-Apr-15 20:25:00

It's ok. Quite good, but I wouldn't travel that far for it. It looks a bit faded and in need of TLC these days (we went a couple of weeks ago, having not been for about 5 or 6 years, and it looked quite run down in places).

It is nice for a few hours, but it's really just a huge forest, with some whimsical bits and pieces in it, and some (fabulous) giant swings.

BaconAndAvocado Mon 27-Apr-15 20:37:10

Oh, that sounds a bit disappointing!

We live in East Kent, any other ideas?

EmilyCHN Mon 27-Apr-15 20:42:13

I can't remember the name (Boroughdale Gardens??) but search for Hanami flowering cherry festival.. Will try to find you a link..

PandasRock Mon 27-Apr-15 22:45:19

I've probably been a bit disparaging, but I really wouldn't travel that far for it. It is a nice enough day out, but for that journey time I'd be expecting Alton Towers level of entertainment at the end of it all.

Hmm, East Kent. Um, pop up to Greenwich and tour the Cutty Sark? Or go up to the O2 and do the Emirates cable car?

I've always quite fancied the Dover white cliffs experience, but too far for a day trip for us grin

CointreauVersial Mon 27-Apr-15 22:55:07

It's lovely if the weather is good. We are an hour away and have been a few times. Love the giant swings, the woodland walk, the hawks and the animals. The peacocks trying to mate on our table in the cafe were a bit much, though. hmm

BaconAndAvocado Mon 04-May-15 21:45:39

We went to Groombridge on Saturday and thought it was fab!

The children made journey sticks, woodland windows, tried out archery (with real, proper bows and arrows smile ) had a boat trip, swung on a gigantic swing...........

In short, we loved it!

colouringinagain Tue 12-May-15 11:16:11

We were there Saturday too and had a lovey day! The kids (7 and 10) could have played in the woods for hours. There's an adventure trail/course thing which was fun (better with a hang of kids maybe?) but the Giant swings went down a storm. It was a beautiful sunny day with the bluebells which prob helped. Kids also enjoyed bird display. Not sure I would do a three hour trip however - we were staying nearby...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now