Talk

Advanced search

Harry Potter world hotel

(6 Posts)
SunshineDaisy Wed 31-Dec-14 19:04:50

My DS (and possibly me too) really want to Harry Potter world. We're in Scotland though so would need to make at least a weekend of it.
Would people recommend staying in London and getting the train out to Harry Potter world or staying nearby and going into London for a shopping day?
Which hotels would you recommend? Many thanks

Do you mean the Studio Tour?

We've done it both ways - hotel in London with a day trip out to Watford one time, and then hotel in Watford and day trip to London another time. Personally, I think it's better to stay on London - much nicer for meals out in the evening and much more to look at/do too.

SunshineDaisy Wed 31-Dec-14 19:12:46

Yes the studio tour one. Yes we were thinking London might be better. How is it for getting out of London to Watford on a morning with the trains? Are they really busy?
Thank you for your reply!

London to Watford v easy - most people are coming the other way iirc! smile

SunshineDaisy Wed 31-Dec-14 19:18:09

Fantastic thank you, that's great!
I've just seen your username! Massive Lupin fan too!

smile My heart belongs to Snape tbh, but I do like this name. grin

We stayed in the Travelodge London Central Kings Cross. V near the station (and Platform 9 and three quarters!) and pretty decent. You can get it very cheap if you book well in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now