Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eating after Harry Potter World

(8 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Nov-14 18:32:23

We are v excited to be going to HP world on Saturday with another family - there will be 11 of us. We were hoping to have dinner with them afterwards but struggling to find a restaurant in the area. Has anyone eaten at the HP world cafe and is the food OK? Or an anyone recommend somewhere nearby. Tried the Unicorn pub but it doesn't do dinner...

Any ideas welcome
TX

Wigeon Fri 14-Nov-14 18:34:54

Are you driving? I would go into St Albans - loads and loads of restaurants at all budgets. Chains as well as independent places. What kind of a place were you thinking of?

Wigeon Fri 14-Nov-14 18:37:21

Watford is slightly closer, and does have a few restaurants, but the town centre is v v uninspiring. Or come to mine! grin 7 mins drive from HP world.

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Nov-14 19:39:20

Wigeon that is a v kind offer, we'll be round around 7 (all 11 of us grin)

Didn't know St Albans was that close. Meeting friends coming down from Northamptonshire so M1 I guess so anywhere on way back to there would work? St Albans, I know has Carluccios and Pizza Express type stuff which would be fine, or a family friendly pub would also be good. Just wondered if cafe at HP world was sort of place you had dinner or just a sandwich and a cuppa kind of placesmile

Wigeon Fri 14-Nov-14 23:19:58

St Albans 20mins drive (assuming no traffic). Tons of places - Bill's is v nice (recently opened), Jamie's Italian, Wagamama, Prezzo, Bar Meze good for turkish/Lebanese style. Trip Adviser will be helpful. Definitely definitely book as restaurants in St A are busy on a Saturday. In terms of pubs, the King Harry is nice (but you might struggle to get a table for 11 on the day), but I'd say most St Albans pubs on a Sat evening aren't ide for a family meal out.

Afraid I can't remember whst the HP cafe is like (didn't go when I went to HP world), but bound to be reviews of HP World on Trip Adviser which describe the cafe?

Wigeon Fri 14-Nov-14 23:22:55

If you aren't bothered about being in a pretty town centre, then Watford does have Pizza Express, Carluccios, Giraffe, Wagamama, a Mexican place etc, and easy to get to with big car parks v close to shops / restaurant s (you need Kings or Queens car park)

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 16-Nov-14 15:02:50

Watford won. Pizza express was full so we ended up in zizzi, then got locked in the car park so a big night out! Thanks for all help. HP world was FAB.

Wigeon Sun 23-Nov-14 21:27:41

Oh great. Although not about the car park! Glad you enjoyed HP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now