Talk

Advanced search

World of James Herriot, North Yorkshire

(3 Posts)
sarahmumoffour Fri 07-Nov-14 10:24:30

In case some of you parents out there think James Herriot is just for adults, you are wrong! I have always been a fan of his books and assumed they were designed for older teenagers and adults. I discovered quite recently that he has also written 8 beautiful picture books for children, which I adore - for their content as well as their illustrations. Another great thing is that, having moved to North Yorkshire, I have discovered that there is a museum in Thirsk that is dedicated to his memory - it's based in the house he lived and worked in. Best of all, it's great for kids too! They have a fun interactive gallery, a T.V. studio mock up and there's loads of history there, including an air raid shelter complete with sound effects. It's well worth a day out for the entire family. More info can be found here if you're interested: www.worldofjamesherriot.com. I thoroughly recommend introducing your kids to the charm of the Herriot stories if you haven't already done so. I'd be interested to hear what other mumsnetters think too.

Dowser Sun 30-Nov-14 13:48:03

Thanks for that. I think we will pay it a visit on our next trip.

Dowser Sun 30-Nov-14 13:51:05

Thanks for that. I think we will pay it a visit on our next trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now