Talk

Advanced search

Cbeebies land - Alton Towers

(13 Posts)
MamaDoGood Wed 28-May-14 10:19:04

Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone had been to the cbeebies land at Alton towers yet and what they thought of it?

Want to take my 4&2 year old this summer but, am worried about transport issues. I am travelling from London via train on my own (with the kids!!) As I do not drive.

Do I brave it for the love of rastamouse ?

mrsballack Fri 06-Jun-14 19:07:08

Bit late to see this but getting to alton towers from London is an absolute nightmare IMO. It's a train from euston to stoke then either a bus/ taxi from there to the towers. It's about a 30 minute drive. I've done it in a day before but it was exhausting and I wouldn't fancy it with kids in tow.

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Fri 06-Jun-14 19:11:38

I would book into the hotel and have 2 days if you can afford to. That would take the pressure off a bit and make the journey more worthwhile. There are lots of deals, second day free etc.

The queues are worst for the big rides so don't let that aspect put you off. The grounds are beautiful for a picnic and the hotel has a great pool.

Guitargirl Sun 15-Jun-14 18:12:32

I have just come back from Alton Towers travelling from London by train with two DCs - aged 7 and 5. I agree with the others - definitely don't attempt to do it in a day. I was really pleasantly surprised with the queues compared with Legoland for instance. We stayed in a themed room in the Alton Towers hotel and also had tickets for both days for the water park which is in the Splash Landings hotel but check the ratio for adults to children to see if you can take both your children in the pool as one adult.

MamaDoGood Mon 16-Jun-14 16:26:44

Thank you all very much.
Will look into hotel options now!

Fayensammy1 Mon 16-Jun-14 20:18:23

Hi, can anyone give me reviews for cbeebies land. I'm thinking of taking my 3yr old DD but worried about queues (no way will she stand in a line for an hour) and toilets. Are they dotted about close by or will I have to do mad dash to otherside of park when she wants to go (no doubt it'll be when we get to end of queue, just about to get on a ride). Any advice hugely appreciated. Thanks

Mini05 Mon 16-Jun-14 20:36:32

My niece took her daughter last week, she is 2.
She wasn't impressed with it, waiting for rides hour or so. No way would her daughter wait.
She went to peppa pig world over the weekend and was really impressed!
Even down to the toilets, two seats on them for adult and child. She thought it was well worth the money and best park she as been to catered for kids.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 29-Jun-14 20:33:29

Toilets - great. Queues - long. If you can get in for early ride time it is much better - but by 9.30 this morning the queue for Postman Pat was already half an hour...

6031769 Thu 03-Jul-14 20:30:17

we went last sunday also and really enjoyed it. The queues for nightgarden and postman pat seemed to be the longest but they to have things attached the the railing in a queues at various points, like a giant xylephone, one of those bead thingies so that makes a queue go faster. There is also alot more you can do in the park depending on the age of your child, DS is 4 and just over a metre. There is an excellent inflateable called wibbly wobbly land, best thing of its type i've ever seen, also ice age 4d show, a driving school where they can drive their own little cars and lots more. We went back into cbeebies land toward the end of the day and found the queues then were alot shorter than first thing.

WarriorOne Fri 04-Jul-14 15:18:34

We're just back from a trip to Alton Towers with a teenager and 5 year old. We stayed at the AT hotel for two nights, with tickets for the waterpark and AT. Early ride time included with the tickets is brill (and absolutely necessary IMHO!). We headed straight for CBeebies Land and were able to walk straight onto all the rides from 9am - 10am (we went Tues and Weds, not in English school hols). Queues seemed to build up quickly after 10am, I can't imagine that it's much fun waiting for longer than about 15 mins with little ones.

I thought CBeebies Land was excellent - very well done, and the Big Show Time arena was great, with Mike The Knight, ZingZillas, Nina and the Neurons. Plenty of spotlessly clean toilets and a good food place (not cheap!).

After CBeebies we went to Mutiny Bay for a couple of rides (no queues), then hopped onto the Skyride to Cloud Cuckoo Land for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, IceAge 4D, carousel, frog hopper, Wobble World and the driving school, and didn't have to queue for any of those either. Queues started to build up after 1pm for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride. Then we did the Runaway Mine Train with a short 10 min queue and another short queue for the River Rapids and Flume.

There's a funny pirate show during the day (you can watch it over lunch in the courtyard) and entertainment in the evenings at the hotels.

You can download the Alton Towers app to your phone so you can check queue times for the rides when you're in the park, and it also has offers for food and discounts in the shops. If you're going with another adult and want to do the big rides, ask for a parent pass at Guest Services; one of you queues for the ride, gets it stamped, gives it to the other, who can then enter the Fastrack. I'd also recommend the single rider queue - when the queue for The Smiler was over 90 mins, teenager and I went single rider and were on almost straightaway.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 04-Jul-14 19:07:56

Yes to Wobble World - DS2 loved it! And the queue time app was pretty good.

We bought the family fast pass, which gave instant access to Charlie, Runaway Mine a Train and the Rapids - was £6 and worth it for no queue!

babybouncer Tue 28-Oct-14 21:20:30

A bit later than everyone else - I took DS (5) and DD (2) purely for CBeebiesland today. We got in on a half price deal, which is the cheapest way to do it, but the queues to buy entry tickets when you get there (we couldn't buy in advance) were huge and it ended up taking us an hour from parking to getting to CBeebiesland. We took a picnic, which we ate at the Big Fun Time area waiting for Mike the Knight.

Overall the kids had a great time - they were exactly the right age.
However, as adults it was fairly pants (with a loud soundtrack) - I probably should have realised this before, but it really is something you do purely to see your kids having fun, so don't expect any other enjoyment!

A lot of the things were really well thought out, but the ITNG ride, the tree top ride and the postman pat ride all had 30 min queues for the whole time we were there - no way around it - just go! The other rides were more like 0-10 mins, much more manageable, and Mr Tumble's garden and Tree Fu Tom's training ground don't have any queues (a good thing to do to break from queuing). I also wish someone had warned me that Justin's House is a hall with lots of ways to shoot soft balls around and is child-anarchy - DD was a bit panicked by the noise and flying balls and I probably wouldn't have taken her in (DS thought it was awesome).

It is also worth noting that there are more things that kids can do at Alton
Towers so if DD was a bit older we would probably have explored the rest of the park a little. As it was we were there from 11-4ish and had just the right amount of time in one small area - next time, when the kids are older, we'll definitely look at getting in earlier or having a second day there.

Hope that helps!

WeLoveHaribo Fri 21-Nov-14 10:00:00

We went in sept with 2 2yr olds.
I thought it was pretty rubbish really, Not that many actual rides, Too small to warrant the adults paying full price.. What they've done is great, We had no queues thou (term time) and one of the 2yr olds was too small for justins house. If you are local then worth visiting but we wont be rushing back. I also expect they'll keep adding rides as loads of our favourites were't there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now