Talk

Advanced search

Space/Nature attraction ideas

(4 Posts)
Nellysgirl Thu 20-Mar-14 01:44:41

Hello! My DP absolutely loves nature, space and general science stuff. We are based in manchester but willing to travel. Can anyone reccomend any suitable attractions or events? smile

thinking101 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:33:01

Well we are in Birmingham and thinking of travelling to Manchester for the BBC studio thing - have you looked at that?

Anyway in Brum (2hours in car)

Science museum at Millenium point - right in city centre. Has huge intestine,heavy machinery from yesteryear, interactive stuff, toddler zone, outdoor picnic area with scinecy type puzzles. It has a cinema and a planetarium. I would say full days worth. Different ticket combos availabel but also accept tesco vouchers.

Cannon hill park: crazy golf, lovely well kept flower beds and trees, squirrels, ducks, playground x2. Inside is also a cafe, the Midlan Arts Center (they do bookable stuff for kids during hole) have nice cafe also, cinema. At the end of the park is the nature park like a mini zoo, small animals but enough, has a cafe and picnic area. It is only £5 ish.

Conkers is ok, again tesco vouchers.

I know it is further but advance tickets to London to goto free scinece and natural history museum?

thinking101 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:33:57

Oh bother, just realised it is for your DP not a DC blush. But he may still enjoy the London museums and thinktank science musem in Brum.

Rooble Thu 20-Mar-14 13:35:24

Space centre in Leicester, Magna which is at Meadowhall (north side of Sheffield), Jodrell Bank are the first ones that spring to mind. (Assume you already know and love MoSI)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now