Talk

Advanced search

Conkers - any good for a 9 year old boy?

(4 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Wed 19-Mar-14 13:27:00

thinking of going for the day at Easter just wondering if its not too young?

goodgrief54 Sat 22-Mar-14 07:30:16

I urge you to read the trip advisor review 'fear and loathing in Ashby de la zouch' so very funny although not sure you will still want to go to conkers. If you do however there is an offer through Groupon for a family ticket for £15 at the moment.

Sorry I have never be so can't help any more.

Fuckalella Sat 22-Mar-14 08:02:26

I live fairly close to it, been a couple of times. It's good for a day out if the weathers nice. Woodland walks, mini train ride, playgrounds etc, discovery centre is ok. There's a barefoot walk which is meant to be good, not been on it though. Don't think it's worth full price but groupon deal is ok.

serin Sat 22-Mar-14 19:00:48

Went a few years ago to a 'Deadly 60' event. That was very good, tons to do but not sure how interesting it would have been without those events on.

The barefoot walk is good! take a spare pair of socks and a towel!

There are climbing frames and assault courses spread throughout the grounds, some of these are huge and the lower age for going on some of them is about 13? IIRC.

To me it seemed like standard 'park' stuff, the sort of thing you find in any town. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit and I wouldn't pay an entry fee (at all!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now