Talk

Advanced search

chatsworth house. do we need two days?

(6 Posts)
Madeyemoodysmum Wed 19-Mar-14 08:29:06

Hello. Just booked two nights in a travel lodge. We plan to visit chatsworth house. We have DC so want to see the farm and play areas as well as the house and gardens so they get something out of the weekend too.

Would it be better to allow two days for this? From memory cahtsworth is huge and has loads of gardens? If its a nice weekend weather wise I feel we may need longer to explore. If its raining maybe not?

Not been for 12 years so memory is faded.

Thank you

SavoyCabbage Wed 19-Mar-14 08:31:31

You can easily spend a day just in the playground and farm.

Creamycoolerwithcream Thu 27-Mar-14 16:05:26

We spent one full day there and really enjoyed it. We also booked a hotel nearby but went to the Magna Science Centre for the first day and the second at Chatsworth. My DC sound older though so we didn't spend that long at the farm bit but did go and have a potter around. One day was enough for us.

toolatetobed Thu 27-Mar-14 23:42:50

If it's a rainy day I think one day would definitely be enough. I don't think a visit to Chatsworth would take up two full days, but when we went with kids on a sunny day we had a full day there without going into the house. From memory there is a water feature in the gardens that lots of people paddle in if it's sunny, so may be worth taking a towel/change of clothes for the kids.

Pancakeflipper Thu 27-Mar-14 23:46:33

One day is enough. If good weather pop to Longshaw and Padley Gorge for a good family walk and ice cream or the Monsail Trail. Or the caves near Castleton.

Madeyemoodysmum Sat 29-Mar-14 07:48:57

Thanks for input. I'm going to book one day but see if we end up needing two by the weather forcast. We have 3 full days in the area as the dc have an inset day so we are not rushed to fit it all in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now