Talk

Advanced search

What else is there to do in Birmingham?

(11 Posts)
schnapps Thu 01-Jun-06 23:27:32

Ok, We've done the sealife centre, thinktank, i-max, a nature reserve type place, done the bullring to death..

So, is there anywhere else to go/see in birmingham with a 10 year old?

Would welcome any sugggestions, but need to be easy to get to from the city centre

schnapps Fri 02-Jun-06 10:41:28

...have also been to cadbury world

jampots Fri 02-Jun-06 10:46:36

10 year old girl or boy?

If its a girl you can get her into shopping about now so the world(Birmingham City Centre) is your oyster. If its a boy however you're buggered!

Where abouts in Brum are you? As there's the Black Country Museum but obviously not too close to CC, The Railway Museum at Tyseley, Snow Dome over by the Think Tank, NT Victorian Houses off Hurst Street etc etc

LadyTambaOfTambaTown Fri 02-Jun-06 10:46:51

erm... you could meet me there for a coffee sometime (Im in Brum )

Botanical Gardens?

schnapps Fri 02-Jun-06 11:01:27

I've got a girl, so definitely into shopping, but in a way that my bank balance doesn't match
I'm not actually in Biringham (but thanks for the offer LadyTamba ), but I've got a train station practically on my doorstep, I can go to Brum one way, and i think Nottingham the other.

I forgot about the snowdome, is that in walking distance form the centre? I'll have a look at the other suggestions. Thanks

jampots Fri 02-Jun-06 11:04:38

well from Brum Moor Street or Snow Hill you can catch a train straigth through to Stratford upon Avon (Butterfly Farm, Shakespeare stuff, boat trips, shops, or Henley in Arden (nice ice cream shoppes there), Solihull (Swimming baths ! ), Acocks Green (laser quest, bowling) etc etc

Wordsmith Fri 02-Jun-06 11:35:51

The Museum and art gallery is great and the whole area round there is good to hang out in. Also you could go up the big wheel (the Birmingham Eye?) DS and I did that yesterday, it was bloody windy at the top!

Canal boat trips from Brindleyplace?

If I think of any more I'll let you know.

TwoToTango Fri 02-Jun-06 11:55:01

Have you tried Star City

schnapps Fri 02-Jun-06 15:18:47

Thank for all the suggestions, will be sure to take a look at them all

Blackduck Fri 02-Jun-06 15:37:50

Jewelery Museum in the Jewelery Quarter
Nature Centre (near the old Pebble Mill)

Blackduck Fri 02-Jun-06 15:40:16

Ikon gallery can have some good stuff (Brindley Place)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: