Londoners, I need your help!

(9 Posts)
Francagoestohollywood Tue 15-Jan-13 14:33:34

Hello, I am vaguely contemplating of spending 2 weeks in London in July (perhaps before the beginning of the school holidays) and I was wondering if anyone of you savvy Londoners knows of classes/activities I could sign up my dc for to spruce up their English.

The dc are 8 and 10 and speak fluent English, as we lived in the UK until a few yrs ago and they have weekly lessons.

I am not entirely sure what I am looking for grin, but if anyone comes up with an idea, I will be extremely grateful.

TIA

MrsMushroom Tue 15-Jan-13 17:48:57

How good is their English to begin with and what do they enjoy doing?

JustAHolyFool Tue 15-Jan-13 18:00:52

There's plenty of English schools that cater for really advanced speakers of English.

Museums of Childhood often has good crafting things that could help.

Climbing course?

Francagoestohollywood Tue 15-Jan-13 18:03:29

Their English is good, they are able to chat about pretty much everything and they watch tv/ movies in English.

The most obvious thing to do would be to find one of those English schools that abound in London, but I was wondering whether I could come up with something more fun.

They like sport, drama, art, anything really!

Francagoestohollywood Tue 15-Jan-13 18:05:37

Climbing course would be spot on! Do you know of any Just?

And yes, of course, the Museum of childhood!

JustAHolyFool Tue 15-Jan-13 18:07:35

Franca a school I used to work for teaches English through projects - so basically the children work towards making something like a presentation, a business proposal, a drama piece, a poster. It's always on a particular theme, linked to a museum visit. So say they go to see Victorian clothes in the V&A, they then do a project on that. A lot of the children are fluent in English.

Let me know if you want the name.

JustAHolyFool Tue 15-Jan-13 18:08:32

franca most of the climbing walls do them. My personal favourite is Craggy Island, but that's a good bit out of central London towards Surrey. Mile End/The Castle/The Reach are also good.

Francagoestohollywood Tue 15-Jan-13 18:10:48

Oh yes, Justaholyfool, I would love to have the name of that school, thanks smile.

It sounds like a great way to practise English!

Francagoestohollywood Thu 17-Jan-13 12:03:48

Thanks Just smile!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now