Talk

Advanced search

Runnymeade - suggestions for lunch with 3 kids (and 4 adults) next Sat

(6 Posts)
Sandgroper Sun 30-Sep-12 23:40:53

Hi

We are meeting up with some o/s visitors next Saturday at a halfway point. DH thought Runnymeade would be a good option but I have only been to where the Magna Carter is (a very long time ago). I also know where the hotel is by the river, Runnymeade Hotel (I think). Anyone been and would it be suitable with kids?

If not then can anyone suggest a nice place for lunch, we have 3 kids between us 4, 6 and 8. Would be nice if it had something to entertain the kids maybe outside, but guess we might need and indoor option with the weather forecast this week. Or if not lunch then something suitable that we could do with the kids around there?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

yani Mon 01-Oct-12 12:49:08

Hi,

There is a harvester restaurant in Old Windsor which isn't too far away. (Bells of Ousley?)

If the weather is nice there is a large picnic area right next to the river in Runnymeade

Sorry, I can't be more specific, it was a while ago since I was there!

MummyPigandDaddyPig Tue 02-Oct-12 11:14:10

Big picknick area at runnymeade pleasure grounds, and playground and cafe. Harvester is nice too. I would suggest Savill gardens instead, lovely cafe with lunch options, play area and great walks. The fox and hound pub is lovely for lunch, park by bishopsgate (free) and walk up to the copper horse through the deer park for a fantastic view of heathrow windsor castle etc (40 min walk there and back and great for kids on scooters or bikes) then have lunch at the pub!

Sandgroper Wed 03-Oct-12 22:51:25

Yani, thanks for your response.

MummyPigandDaddyPig

Thanks for your fab suggestions. Will check them out.

I am hoping the weather is at least fine so we can let the kids run off some steam before or after lunch. Judging by this week's weather anything is possible!

Sandgroper Sun 07-Oct-12 15:56:16

Hi MummyPigandDaddyPig

Just wanted to report back with a big thanks for your fab suggestions.

We ended up taking the kids for a walk (run in their case) through the Deer Park late in the afternoon followed by a fab dinner at The Fox and Hound Pub. Our friends from Oz were suitably impressed and we had a lovely time catching up with them.

We shall return to the pub again, it was spot on!

Many thanks
grin

NevermarriedDuranduran Sun 07-Oct-12 21:04:57

Brilliant!! I'm glad you enjoyed it, its our fave place to take guests to show off the UK, and is pretty impressive! The kids love the scoot, and if youre lucky you spot the royals out and about! Its a good place to picknick in the summer too, sit under the trees at the top and the kids climb on the statue base for hours....

(Ps namechanged last week was a bit boored of MummyPig)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now