Talk

Advanced search

Cadbury world

(8 Posts)
nannyl Sat 29-Sep-12 21:29:55

We are going in a few weeks time with a 13m old DD

any top tips, things to do / not do etc?

TIA

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Sat 29-Sep-12 21:32:57

It is a pre-planned route rather than a do/not do type place.

Bear in mind the initial Inca bit can be a bit scary, although a 13 m.o. is possibly a bit young to be scared. And there is a lot of free chocolate, so with older children we had to squirrel it away fast!

DawnOfTheDee Sat 29-Sep-12 21:34:32

I used to live near Bournville and every so often we'd walk down the canal path and go to Cadbury World - happy days!

If i remember correctly you have plenty of time to do the tour, go on the ride, mooch round the shop and spend every penny you have on chocolate. I'd recommend if you have time though having a wander round Bourneville itself. It's a lovely village with gorgeous buildings and a village green.
There used to be a nice tea room/cafe just off the green - hope it's still there. Have a scone if you've got room after all the chocolate.

nannyl Sat 29-Sep-12 21:35:33

free chocolate will be good

i can hide it in my mouth wink

thank you

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Sat 29-Sep-12 21:37:47

Take a decent sized handbag, we were given two full size bars each (crunchie and something else I think) at the entrance, including the kids, and more on the way round. You could get very sick if you hide it all in your mouth grin.

We had fun. You doing a weekend in Brum? A much maligned city, but I have a soft spot for it.

nannyl Sat 29-Sep-12 21:40:38

not a weekend in Brum

just a place to stop between oxford / yorkshire that isnt a service station and makes a "day" of an otherwise very boring journey.
We have tesco vouchers so it wont actualy cost us any real £!

I assume it will be ok to take a pushchair around (with lots of space to hide choc!)

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Sat 29-Sep-12 21:51:05

We used a sling, but I am fairly sure a pushchair was fine.

We used vouchers too. Not Tesco, but one of those.

Have fun.

Miller1977 Sun 30-Sep-12 13:09:36

Sounds fun, somewhere I'd love to go! Enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now