Talk

Advanced search

Sunday afternoon tea in London, where?

(16 Posts)
triplets Wed 26-Sep-12 14:13:37

Going up this w/end for MN meet up! Meeting my sil on Sun, where can I take her for nice tea thats not too expensive?

Frontpaw Wed 26-Sep-12 16:01:42

Where abouts will you be?

squeaver Wed 26-Sep-12 16:05:48

All the big hotels will be booked up so don't waste your time trying.

If you want a nice cup of tea and a cupcake, go to the Primrose Bakery in Covent Garden, it's in Tavistock Street.

Or go to the Covent Garden hotel or Charlotte Street Hotel.

Frontpaw Wed 26-Sep-12 16:06:53

Tate Modern, V&A museum, Hummingbird Bakery, Wallace Collection, Horrids...

dotty2 Wed 26-Sep-12 16:25:03

Pauls patisseries are pretty ubiquitous now but have lovely cakes.

The Wolseley is lovely for a treat but it depends what you mean by 'not too expensive'.

Frontpaw Wed 26-Sep-12 16:26:35

Paul's and Maison Blanc are good. Valerie's is not!

triplets Wed 26-Sep-12 22:24:34

Ah we had he V&A down for a visit anywayas I have never been, is it a nice restaurant? We are staying south, nr London Bridge as the MN meet up is there.

Frontpaw Thu 27-Sep-12 08:39:39

A meet up and I wasn't informed...?!

Yes I they have more of a cafe, but the surroundings are sooo fab! There is a nice one in the Natural History museum too. If you are there, maybe go for Pain Quotodien further down Exhibition Road - the bit below Cromwell Road going away from Hyde Park towards South Kensington on the corner between the Nat History and V+A) just on the right and down a little. Its nice there!

Frontpaw Thu 27-Sep-12 08:40:50

Go to the top floor of Tate Modern - the cafe there hjas the most wonderful views.

iamabadger Thu 27-Sep-12 08:44:34

Bea's of Bloomsbury is fab, they have branches in Chelsea, Holborn and St. Paul's and do a proper afternoon tea. So you get a choice if sandwich usually a baguette or ciabatta or something, then a cake stand with cupcakes and little mini brownies and similar, plus they have a wide selection of teas. I think it was £15 per person when I last went, and they will box up anything you can't eat (very likely as there is loads of it!)

alanna87 Thu 27-Sep-12 10:21:54

The cafe/restaruant at the V&A is really nice - very traditionally English! The only problem is it can be quite busy at the weekends - we had to wait a while for a table.

triplets Thu 27-Sep-12 23:55:30

Thank you all....................just stopped crying, my beautiful cat was found run over y/day, just got a call tonight. I loved him, beautiful cat, very special. All three kids gone to bed sobbingsad I sort of knew something would happen because I had something to really look forward to, a w/end to be me.

MrsBranestawm Fri 28-Sep-12 00:49:46

Oh, so sorry to hear about your cat, triplets. thanks

But please don't go thinking that you somehow caused it by planning a weekend away for yourself.

Have a great break.

justbogoffnow Fri 28-Sep-12 01:22:03

Dean Street Townhouse in Soho does a superb afternoon tea, great value too.

triplets Fri 28-Sep-12 18:07:40

Thank you.............need to sort out my puffy eyes before tomorrow, they will all be young............think I am the oldest MN on here!

Frontpaw Fri 28-Sep-12 18:12:08

Poor kitty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now