Talk

Advanced search

A whole Sunday in London with my SIL what can we do thats different?

(6 Posts)
triplets Sat 22-Sep-12 08:05:20

Really looking forward to next w/end, MN meet up on Sat and free day on Sun with my sil. Don`t want to waste the day just wandering around, ideas please? Unusual little restaurants etc?

aufaniae Sat 22-Sep-12 08:40:19

A day off, lovely. I remember those! Hope to get one again sometime in the future! smile

Whereabouts are you staying?
What kinds of things to you like?

Are you sure you won't be nursing a horrendous hangover? wink

FrankWippery Sat 22-Sep-12 08:48:50

It's highly likely you'll be a tad fragile....! However, from where you're staying I'd suggest you potter gently along the South Bank - you can walk all along the river from your hotel.

There's always lots of things going on, a fab food market serving anything from crepes to paella to hog roast and Japanese and more.

Or you could wander into Town and up through Trafalgar Square, through to Leicester Square, Soho, Chinatown and Piccadilly/Regents Street etc. if weather is good, grab bits from M&S and head into St James's Or Green Parks for a picnic.

I'll have a think this week and let you know anymore thoughts next Saturday grin

SkiBumMum Sat 22-Sep-12 08:49:19

If you don't want a huge lie in one Sunday, I'd definitely recommend heading to Columbia Road for the flower Market. The little shops and cafes there are gorgeous too. You're not too far from Brick Lane for proper bagels and then can wander to Spitalfields for shopping and mooching. My favourite Sunday morning pre-kids!

triplets Sat 22-Sep-12 12:34:49

Thanks.........look forward to meeting you Franksmile

Sleepwhenidie Sat 22-Sep-12 12:43:44

Don't know if it is your type of thing but there is a ballgown exhibition on at the V&A.

Hanging out in Primrose Hill on a (nice weather) Sunday is also lovely and chilled, wander round the park and nice shops, celeb (or maybe just paparazzi grin spot, get delicious brunch in one of the cafes. Easy to wander down to Camden market if you fancy a (major) change of scene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now