Talk

Advanced search

fun cheap restaurant in London nr south bank to take kids

(12 Posts)
triplets Thu 20-Oct-11 18:02:09

can anyone recommend anywhere. kids 4-14yrs + glass of wine for the adultssmile

bigTillyMint Sat 22-Oct-11 13:22:19

Giraffe is good, but not particularly cheap unless there is a deal on? It is on the SB, along with various other more upmarket chain-types.

If you really want to do it cheaply, take a picnic and eat it inside the SB - you can get a glass of wine from the bar to go with it!

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 22-Oct-11 13:23:14

Wagamama

triplets Sat 22-Oct-11 22:31:01

Thanks!

4madboys Sat 22-Oct-11 22:36:14

yes i second giraffes not particularly cheap buy you should be able to find a deal online, i have been to the giraffes on southbank a few times and its nice smile

Haagendazs Sat 22-Oct-11 22:51:43

I was also going to say Giraffe - with a voucher

Enraha Sat 22-Oct-11 22:54:11

It's my manor, do you want a roll-call? Chains a-go-go, mainly on the pricey side. Giraffe is ok, but always rammed at weekend. There's a Strada, a yo sushi and a Wagamama and Eat for sandwiches etc. Up on the top level a tapas place, le pain quotidien, a sushi place, a brilliant Chinese place called Ping Pong. Round the back, a Pizza Express, another Italian of more reasonable price bracket called Azurro on way to Waterloo Station.

All the theatre/music venues have their own self-service style cafes. There's a road behind Southwark Tube with a bunch of cheaper places: a great Thai (Thai Silk) a greekish/mediterranean, a burger place and another bunch of more independent walk-in places on The Cut and Lower Marsh, which are much better value. But obviously, if you want to stay closer to River, you pay a bit more.

HTH.

triplets Sat 22-Oct-11 23:01:55

Wow....................my own personal adviser! Thank you! Just been talking to sil and now she is changing her mind. She thinks we should tube it from HMS Belfast back to Kensington, too long a walk for the twins. So now looking for somewhere nr the Natural History Museum.............confused

Enraha Sat 22-Oct-11 23:15:45

Well... There's another Strada by HMS Belfast, and various other bits and pieces in More London complex. I could go on....my intimate knowledge of the South Bank is verging on the nerdy grin. There's a great sandwich/salad place behind City Hall called Amanos, not sure if licenced, but does take-out and Potters Field Park is quite nice if sunny.

Don't go to cafe in Nat Hist Museum, bit of a hole, especially in school hols. V&A much nicer, but still busy.

triplets Sat 22-Oct-11 23:31:40

You wouldn`t know a cheap hotle for us in Kensington would you, sleep 5? smile

Enraha Sat 22-Oct-11 23:42:28

Sadly, because I live here, my knowledge of hotels is lacking. Of the cheapy-chains, Mercure, Holiday Inn Express and Premier Inn are usually ok (based on other cities for basic overnighters) but i don't know if there are any in Kensington, i'm afraid.

NotJustClassic Sat 22-Oct-11 23:46:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now