Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Natural History Museum.....

(10 Posts)
CDMforever Mon 10-Oct-11 19:15:36

Planning on a trip with DCs next Sunday.

What are queues like for the dinosaurs? (robotic ones I think)

The earliest train we can get won't arrive into London until 10am and think museum doesn't open until 10!!

Youngest DC is 3, will the queueing be too hellish for words?

An0therName Mon 10-Oct-11 19:20:13

we went this weekend- sat - got in just after 10 - btw the entrance next to the science museum didn't have any queues to get in - exihibition rd one whereas the main one idd- dinosaurs was busy but queues wasn't awful. The place I thought looked lovely for little ones was in the basment of the science musuem - the garden I think

CDMforever Mon 10-Oct-11 20:30:45

Oh yes! The garden is lovely. Used to go with my eldest DS when he was a wee one.

Only planning on spending about 5 hours in London so not sure if we'll have enough time to do both Museums.

However, I've just bought a Family Railcard so will hopefully get up to the Big Smoke again soon!!

Which bits of the Natural History did your DCs enjoy most Anothername ?

An0therName Mon 10-Oct-11 20:39:17

he quite liked the dinasours, and then we saw a animal show was brilliant -but he was't that bothered about anthing else - and then he really liked the geological/stones bit - he loves stones
-but the highlight was the space and the launch pad sections at the science musuem

An0therName Mon 10-Oct-11 20:40:31

btw there was only one big robotic dinasour-there was a big show over the summer but its closed I think

Mutt Mon 10-Oct-11 20:44:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CDMforever Mon 10-Oct-11 21:04:52

Thanks Mutt. Yes, I know of said entrance.

I took my eldest to the Darwin Centre about a year ago and waltzed straight in at 10!

hophophippidtyhop Sun 23-Oct-11 06:55:36

The explorer packs you can get for free are fab - dd had the mammals one and preceded to be dora the explorer while doing it and calling me Boots the whole time!

Hopstheduck Sun 23-Oct-11 07:44:38

I don't think the queuing is that bad since it is along the elevated walkway and there Are lots of other dinosaurs to see as you queue along it. Have fun!

CDMforever Mon 24-Oct-11 19:34:57

Wow! It was a brilliant day!

We got there just before it opened at the "secret" entrance and ran through the museum to get to the dinos first. Unfortunately the animatronic trex was out of action because of the air pressure!

We came back later and there was a queue but nothing serious.

Hilight of the day was Investigate downstairs where the children choose an item, e.g. a shell, animal skin and put it under the microscope. My 5yo DS adored this and wants to go back!

DD age 3yo did find the whole day a bit much so we left at 3ish but overall it was great.

Wanna do the Science Museum next!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now