Talk

Advanced search

Buggy walk with a tea shop in the New Forest?

(7 Posts)
sleepysox Sun 02-Oct-11 10:21:15

The sun is shining. The birds are singing and I want to get out into forest.
So does anyone know of a good buggy walk in the New Forest that also has a tea shop/ tea rooms nearby?

sassyTHEFIRST Sun 02-Oct-11 10:29:02

The forestry commision has a big area just outside the NF - near Ringwood I think. Huge area of woodland, lots of buggy friendly walks and a fab coffee shop. But there will be thousands there today...

Or can recommend a mooch around v quiet roads in the Nomansland area - and lunch at the pub (the Lamb?)

sleepysox Sun 02-Oct-11 11:18:28

Thanks sassy. I'll investigate Nomansland, as I think the other place you;re referring to is Moors Valley, which is very close to us, so have been there quite a bit. Am off to google...

PorkChopSter Sun 02-Oct-11 11:35:24

Teddy Bear tea shop in Brockenhurst. Great for the ford at the other end of the high st too.

youarekidding Sun 02-Oct-11 11:45:10

Avon Heath has a nice walk - never done it with a buggy but seems doable iyswim? Theres a cafe there and a play park and build field too.

It might be the same place sassy mentioned or also Moors Valley which has the miniture railway, easy buggy walks, parks, ducks to feed and will need a bank loan for parking!

youarekidding Sun 02-Oct-11 11:45:45

Duh! I see you knows MV - I love it!!

sleepysox Mon 03-Oct-11 14:26:41

Ended up going to Holmesey to the old station cafe. There's a brilliant long walk on the old railway line. It's now a trailway- would def recommend for buggies!

Will try Avon heath and Brokenhurst when DS1 is with us, as they seem to have lots to do.

Nomansland also looks good.

Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now