Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Legoland - yes I know there are a million threads but I have specific questions that I can't see the answers to!!!

(18 Posts)
ilovetomandjerry Mon 12-Sep-11 21:46:17

Am I completely mad to consider going on a Saturday? grin

Can't prebook cos have money off vouchers, so what time do we need to turn up and join the queue? Am I right in thinking the gates open at 9.30 and the rides at 10am?

Think that's it - but any other hints and tips welcomed - thank you!!

carocaro Tue 13-Sep-11 11:54:27

I think you just have to go and expect it to be busy and to q, tis the nature of the beast. Not you, but I don't get why people get so irate about visits to theme parks, you have to queue in supermarkets etc and theme parks are no different. Same for Ikea!

Have snacks and drinks 4 when you are queing, they have Lego to play with in the queue's. Start at the bottom of the part, take the train down at the top and work up, but again this is s very popular tip so it might be worth doing it the other way round!

Just go and enjoy it!

mosschops30 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:57:30

No real queue to het in but the ride queues at legoland are the worst ive experienced.
Be prepared to wait an hour even for little rides.

Have fun, im taking ds1 in oct and dreading it already

PersonalClown Tue 13-Sep-11 12:03:00

I'm taking Ds in a few weeks. School are being fab and letting me take him out on a Tuesday.

Just got to make sure I'm wearing my thick skin for those that think the disabled should be 'made to queue' (we all know who thought that hmm)

ilovetomandjerry Tue 13-Sep-11 18:35:42

Thanks for the replies and tips!

Anymore gladly welcome!!!!

I haven't been for years so getting v. excited - the boys are ticking off the days on the calendar!!!

ireallyagreewithyou Tue 13-Sep-11 18:36:49

get tot he show promptly

its good

SaggyHairyArse Sun 18-Sep-11 12:39:02

I think you mad, yes. If in fact you are not, you will be by the time you come out wink

ilovetomandjerry Wed 21-Sep-11 17:16:21

Don't worry Saggy - I'm planning to spend the following day lying down in a darkened room!!!!!

DaveTheChippy Fri 23-Sep-11 11:41:15

Check the website for special events, you may want to avoid those dates.
Also 8/9 October the place will be crawling with Beaver Scouts.

ilovetomandjerry Wed 28-Sep-11 19:41:04

Another question!!! Do I need to book my parking ticket online? Is it cheaper than on the day?

Thanks!

ilovetomandjerry Wed 28-Sep-11 20:15:15

bump

ilovetomandjerry Wed 28-Sep-11 20:51:11

anyone please?

littone Wed 28-Sep-11 22:12:32

Car parking at legoland is £2. You buy a ticket when you buy your entry tickets for the park and use it to open the barrier when you leave (no idea of on-line price). Park may be busy on saturday due to forecast hot weather!

ilovetomandjerry Thu 29-Sep-11 13:36:16

Thanks littone

dikkertjedap Fri 30-Sep-11 19:27:30

You don't need to queue in the heat, pay a bit more and get q-bot

ilovetomandjerry Sat 01-Oct-11 21:14:08

.... and we're back! Fab day, glorious weather, didn't splash out on a q=bot - longest we waited was 45 mins which I didn't think was bad on such a busy day. The majority of rides we got on fairly quickly and we even managed 3 more goes on the Dragon Ride at the end so happy boys!!!!

rookiemater Sat 01-Oct-11 21:24:33

Well we went during the summer holidays so we must be barmy.

Get there nice and early and identify your must do rides i.e. Atlantis, Lego Learner driver you should be able to do a couple of these before it gets really busy.

Bring your own food and time eating it with watching the pirate show.

What age our your boys? We found that DS absolutely loved the lego towns and was more taken with this than any of the rides, with of course the advantage of no queue!

Do not whatever you do get dinner at the pizza and pasta place I still shudder at the memory of it.

Bring water proofs for the wet rides, you will get wet.

We had a marvellous time, they have lots of lovely little lego details, and generally things to look at/do whilst you queue.

AyesToTheRight Sat 01-Oct-11 21:25:49

Glad you had a good time - DS and I went there a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now