Talk

Advanced search

Folkestone - family friendly restaurants

(5 Posts)
rara67 Thu 08-Sep-11 18:43:25

My MIL lives 50 miles away on her own and when we go to see her with DS1 (8) and DS2 (3) we tend to eat out. MIL is 78 next month and got out of the habit of cooking (long story). We usually go to Kalala (sp) a chinese buffet but we all fancy a change. Any suggestions please. MIL doesnt eat much at all so somewhere that does good starters would be ideal (she may manage a pud but unlikely) and a kids menu. Thanks

pramsgalore Fri 09-Sep-11 13:54:00

what about brickfield restaurant, have not been there for a few years, but did take the kids when we did
www.restaurant-guide.com/table-table-brickfield-tavern-folkestone.htm

pramsgalore Fri 09-Sep-11 14:00:50

cafe rouge are very good as well and do a childs menu but they are in canterbury or Tenterden not too far , we went to the tenterden one.

rara67 Fri 09-Sep-11 19:10:48

Thanks Prams. Brickfield looks ideal (Tenderden would be doubling back on ourselves and I cant face the idea of going to Canterbury and not going to the shops!)

LunarRose Sat 10-Sep-11 17:33:26

The brickfield tavern never used to be a patch on Kalala, either from the food or screaming children perspective.

My info is not at all up to date but "Pauls" in town used to do a fab sunday carvery. It's probably more in the category of "very welcoming to well behaved kids and families" than family restaurant but the starter buffet was superb and the dessert trolley was to die for (and I don't like dessert.)

www.pauls-restaurant.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now