Talk

Advanced search

What to do in a day out on the Isle of Wight

(8 Posts)
Grockle Mon 29-Aug-11 19:44:01

With 3 boys aged 4-6. I've never been before but we thought we'd go for a day this week.

What should we do?

deepfriedcupcake Mon 29-Aug-11 20:31:06

I think it's quite good for fossils, and beaches. Never been myself but intend to one day. There's usually somewhere you can look up the tide times if you google it.

AliceWyrld Mon 29-Aug-11 20:32:23

Blackgang Chine!

Lizcat Mon 29-Aug-11 21:07:05

Where are you arriving? Are you in a car?

FebreezeYourJeans Mon 29-Aug-11 21:15:08

Robin Hill is a whole day full of fun. Mine also like the quaint model village at Gods Hill and are very fond of Carrisbrooke castle. Many of the beaches are safe and sandy.

We love IoW grin

Grockle Tue 30-Aug-11 08:10:19

Sorry, should've said -car to Cowes. I think we'll do blackgang chine. I want to go to Gods Hill & the boys want to see the Needles (we can see them from home).

Not too worried about beaches as we live by one but fossils are always good. Thanks for the help

FebreezeYourJeans Tue 30-Aug-11 09:43:11

Robin Hill over Blackgang Chine in my opinion. But I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you do, what's not to love about the IoW grin

Grockle Thu 01-Sep-11 22:13:25

Just reporting back - we had a great day. We spent the morning at The old Battery (NT members) then went on the chairlift at The Needles & watched glassblowing (touristy). After that went spent a couple of hrs at Godshill & the model village. I DSs loved it. Then dinner at Sandown & home. Fab day. We have a list if things to do next time.

Thank you for all the suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now