Talk

Advanced search

Alton Towers - worth going for 6&8 year old?

(6 Posts)
EttiKetti Wed 24-Aug-11 08:25:07

They are about 1.2m and 1.35-40m.....

Not been with kids ever so don't pay any attention to height restrictions!
Thanks smile

UsingMainlySpoons Wed 24-Aug-11 22:28:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EttiKetti Fri 26-Aug-11 16:15:13

Thanks for that smile I think we will go for it, have been given some free tickets and have a BOGOF vouchers, so cheap day out considering! Thanks again!

UsingMainlySpoons Sat 27-Aug-11 10:56:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

newpup Sat 27-Aug-11 11:58:54

We went last week for the first time. My Dds were able to go on all the rides as they are tall but there are alot of rides that are suitable for shorter DCs. We had a great time, although a theme park is not my idea of fun, I enjoyed seeing the Dds have a ball. They loved the river rapids, toadstool swing seats, air, nemosis, log flume and the pirate ship. DD2 is 9 and went on everything even 13!

It was not as busy as I expected though, queue times were about 15/20 mins except for rita and 13, they were about 30 mins.

We have been to Florida quite a few times and I was not as disapointed as I expected to be by Alton Towers. It was very clean and well run. Downside was lack of attention to detail on attractions but I think perhaps America just do it so well! Also there were alot of loud, tatooed, sweary types (sorry to offend) was amazed at some of the language we heard in the queues. We saw a man asked to leave Disney for swearing in a queue!

It was a good day though, have fun!

EttiKetti Sat 27-Aug-11 12:13:47

Thanks again folks, it sounds like its worth doing! We come from a seaside town with fabulous fish and chips so might test out the AT ones grin

Good to hear the queues werent too bad, we are thinking of going the day before they go back to school in early Sept, so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now