Talk

Advanced search

What are the best shops for kids in London?

(11 Posts)
LynetteScavo Tue 23-Aug-11 19:37:39

Apart from Hamleys, I was thinking the Disney store and the M&M shop...--where else can I off load my hard earned cash on my darlings-- which other shops will they enjoy?

bartonian Tue 23-Aug-11 19:43:22

We love the Lego shop - but it is in Westfield, not in the centre of town.
Plus can browse for hours in the big Waterstones on Piccadilly - lots of sofas to lounge on.

LynetteScavo Tue 23-Aug-11 20:30:42

where else can I off load my hard earned cash on my darlings

Why didn't my crossing out work?

Anywhere else?

nancy75 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:31:58

Harrods toy dept is better than Hamleys

ghostofstalbans Tue 23-Aug-11 20:32:01

london transport musuem shop?

LynetteScavo Tue 23-Aug-11 20:54:30

I think we have done Harrods to death. (My death)

Is the transport museum shop that good?

DilysPrice Tue 23-Aug-11 20:58:21

Yes LT museum shop is good and there's a toy theatre shop in Covent garden as well (Pollocks) and a rather good nauticalia shop if your DC are that way inclined, and a small Disney shop and bloody build-a-bear and other toy shops as well.
Or the south ken museum shops are all good.

Guitargirl Tue 23-Aug-11 21:02:44

How old are your DCs? There's a great fairy shop in Hampstead, sweet shop in Covent Garden.

LynetteScavo Tue 23-Aug-11 21:04:59

DSs are 8 and 12, DD is 6. I'm liking the sound of the fairy shop!

Guitargirl Tue 23-Aug-11 21:10:22

It's called Mystical Fairies on Flask Walk in Hampstead so lots of nice places around for breakfast/lunch. We usually combine it with a trip to local library next to Keats' house which is in lovely grounds, Daunt Books near Hampstead Heath overground station and the Heath itself.

Flask Walk is just round the corner from the tube station. They also do fairy school/princess academy/drama workshops type things during the school holidays. My DD loves it but she is younger.

Dancergirl Tue 23-Aug-11 21:41:44

I'll second the Fairy Shop in Hampstead. For girly girls it's a dream come true!

My dds used to go to their Fairy School workshop when they were younger - expensive but lovely for a treat. Your boys will be bored rigid though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now