Talk

Advanced search

Longleat - monkey safari - are we crazy to take our car through?

(9 Posts)
Tommy Sat 20-Aug-11 11:42:29

going to Longleat tomorrow and realised that, since the last time we went, they have opened up the monkey safari. Anyone taken their car through it recently and what was the damage?!
The website advertises a safari ride through the monkey section but interestingly doesn't say how much it is.....

TIA smile

Honeydragon Sat 20-Aug-11 11:44:55

Yes you would be insane. The bus tour is brilliant, well priced, superbly commentated and you get a better view.

It is also fun watching everyone elses car being ripped apart. grin

Tommy Sat 20-Aug-11 12:19:11

thanks honeydragon. When you say "well priced" - how much would that be?!

twinklytroll Sat 20-Aug-11 12:21:12

We took our car through and they did not damage it, they sat on it etc but that was it. However most people suffered some damage so we were insane

VivaLeBeaver Sat 20-Aug-11 12:23:29

I went through with no damage. I had a monkey that I couldn't dislodge on the roof though and got to the exit with it still on board. Was worrying it was going to escape via my car so did a very sharp emergency stop which sorted it out.

SuePurblybilt Sat 20-Aug-11 12:24:51

I took my old pop pop through last month, DD and I nearly died laughing. She talks about it every day grin. No damage at all, from what I could see on the floor, the vulnerable bit seems to be the rubber trim that goes alongside, halfway up on some cars.
And we very much encouraged them to come on the car, we were in for ages and they had a good fight on the roof. No scratches or bits pulled off.

Tommy Sun 21-Aug-11 22:11:53

well, we're back relatively unscathed - they did seem to like the rubber trim bit hmm and one naughty monkey did a poo on our roof hmm hmm

but it was very funny grin

SuePurblybilt Sun 21-Aug-11 22:30:58

It is the funniest thing ever. We are saving up to go back grin

kylesmybaby Mon 29-Aug-11 17:13:44

my car was ok with the monkeys. however, when we went through the tigers they took a shine to my hud caps and then took a bite out of my tyre as well. we had to be taken to the safe enclosure bit and then they changed it for me. ds found it all very exciting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now