Talk

Advanced search

Legoland or Chessington with 2.7 years toddllers

(13 Posts)
Goldy01 Tue 16-Aug-11 20:04:04

HI,

We are planning a trip to either of the theme park this summer bank holiday, have got twins DC aged 2.7 years, which one do you suggest is better with kids or else if you could also suggest something else, as you know we are already late in planning ;-) we were also planning to stay there for one night so we could have two days in hand pls suggest any budget hotels.

Thank you all in advance

Blu Tue 16-Aug-11 20:07:16

LegoLand.

There is a Travellodge in Windsor and a shuttle bus service to LL, but I daresay it might be booked up now.

Goldy01 Wed 17-Aug-11 11:35:11

Thanks Blu, I was afraid of the same.

mummymeister Fri 19-Aug-11 18:48:12

Another vote for legoland. mine are now 9 - 13 and found it a bit too babyish last time so we went to chessington which they loved. do check out height restrictions though as with all theme parks there are loads unfortunately. It will be mobbed though in August can you put off your visit until after the schools go back?

Kormachameleon Fri 19-Aug-11 18:53:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummymeister Fri 19-Aug-11 18:54:02

Just found another post on legoland. under 3's are free because they won't really be able to go on many of the rides. check out the height restrictions before you go to make sure it is worth it for you and your family.

DeathOrCake Fri 19-Aug-11 19:08:29

Chessington is free if they are under 1 metre, but to be honest, there isn't a lot there they will be able to go on. We went on Wednesday and there were loads of technical problems too, with rides breaking down.

cece Fri 19-Aug-11 19:12:26

Legoland is better with that age but it will be far too busy....

cece Fri 19-Aug-11 19:13:16

As long as they are over 90 cm they should have enough rides to go on... DS2 has to wear platform shoes blush as he isn't quite 90cm.

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 19-Aug-11 19:23:07

How about Thomas land instead?

thisisyesterday Fri 19-Aug-11 19:30:55

i would do neither.

we went with ds2 at a similar age and he was about an inch too small to go on pretty much any of the rides

it'll be the same at chessington.

i would say that from 4 or 5 upwards they're fine, but anything younger and it's really just a waste of money IMHO!

LunarRose Fri 26-Aug-11 22:51:39

I did chessington when DC were 2 and 3 respectively (and frequently since) we had a superb time. mine loved the flying dumbos carousal trucks and todie cars

I think if your kids are smaller than 0.9m (I just double checked the height restrictions) there is way more for them to do at chessington (don't forget there's also the zoo and sealife). Once you hit that magic 0.9m though you're probably better with Legoland.

Goldy01 Mon 29-Aug-11 20:37:52

hey All, Thanks a lot ! We went to Chessington, and though there were not much rides for DS and DD both under 0.9m but we did enjoyed a lot. They just loved the Zoo, sealife, tiny truckers and todie cars.We had taken a 2 day ticket, we stayed in travelodge though Premier Inn was very near, Tickets rates were high but we needed this time off. Honestly I still feel that these theme park is for much older kids as they can have more fun. But we had a good time. Thank you all sweet ladies for your valuable comments. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now