Talk

Advanced search

Drayton Manor or Twycross Zoo?

(2 Posts)
jetgirl Tue 16-Aug-11 17:25:50

We're doing a family get-together in the Midlands and are debating which would be the better option for the bank holiday weekend. There will be 6 adults and 2 children (3 and 6).

What do wise mumsnetters think?

Thanks

squitch Tue 16-Aug-11 18:18:43

I went to Drayton Manor last week for the day and had a lovely day with DD who is 5. There is a zoo at Drayton Manor as well, but it is quite small. Thomas Land was ok but DD was very keen to go on a lot of the older rides but she was too small, Thomas Land was a bit tame for her. There weren't many queues either, but then we did go on a rainy Wednesday.

Twycross Zoo i absobloodylutely love! There are a lot of monkeys though. I haven't been for a couple of years and the last time I went they were doing quite a lot of redevelopment, which is now finished.

So I think what I'm saying is, both are good fun. Twycross is probably a cheaper day out though but then children love a theme park don't they. You won't go wrong with either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now