Talk

Advanced search

Drusilla Park - Any Good?

(9 Posts)
EssexVic Mon 15-Aug-11 21:48:27

Hi, looking for things to do with my 2 yr old when staying with relatives near hastings and i stumbled across Druissila Park. Is it worth the money? We're going the first week teh school are back so im hoping its quiet and not the "crowded tour" everyone seems to be moaning about! I dont seem to have come across many people who have been with a toddler, i suppose i rally wanted to know is it worth paying the "full price ticket" for her!

thisisyesterday Mon 15-Aug-11 21:50:18

yeah it's fab! def worth going even with a toddler there is loads to do for little ones

perfectmummy Mon 15-Aug-11 21:50:56

brill

CleanHankie Wed 17-Aug-11 16:12:43

We've been a few times, the first was when DD1 had only just learnt to walk and she had a ball. It was winter and bitterly freezing but we managed 4hrs before succoming to the warmth of home. Plenty of animals and lots of play equipment, both in and out. If I remember right, there are lots of "play points" (is that the right word?) as you wander round. You know, wooden cut outs so you can stick your head thru and pretend to ne a pig/sheep etc, milk a fake cow, guess which animal does the biggest poo, can you run as quick as a jauqar, jump as far as a ???? And you can't miss the Thomas train! Even the gift shop can be avoided if you line yourself up on the right side of your child as you head out. Even the food is pretty good on the taste front.

We're planning on going that first week of the school term too EssexVic for the same reasons and looked into prices last night. Not sure if you've seen but you can exchange your Tesco clubcard points for tickets - makes it slightly cheaper. The overall costs isn't too bad when you have it for an occasional day out.

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 17-Aug-11 16:14:28

Brill. Even better value if you use clubcard tokens.

EssexVic Fri 26-Aug-11 21:16:51

Thanks guys, have taken your advice and booked our tickets with our tesco's points......much cheaper!!!!!

Let u know how i get on!

tummytickler Fri 26-Aug-11 21:39:16

I used to work there when I was a teenager!
I loved it there - best job I ever had, and really fab place.
The zoo is still nice, and the play park is excellent. But do not let on tht there is a playpark at the end of the zoo. We live near by and my dc know its there and it ruins the zoo part as they just want to get to the park.
The food is crap now (used to be great home cooked lovely meals), usual hotdogs, chips and stuff.
The queue can be massive so might be worth going pretty early in the day to avoid it. Every time that I have arrived at 11 ish it has been a huge queue (I am talking an hour to get in).
Have a great time!

Kitty0608 Mon 29-Aug-11 12:37:45

Have you been yet EssexVic

I took my DS when he was 2.6 & we had a great time. Would agree with tummytickler, wasn't much choice with food & once DS discovered the soft play & park he didn't want to go anywhere else (thought the park was great though!)

NotAnotherNewNappy Tue 30-Aug-11 10:15:33

It is fantastic, especially for very little ones. Even rhe rain can't spoil it as lots of the zoo is under cover and there is a great soft play area (the toasted sarnies in here are nice and look better value than the main eatery).

Also recommend seven sisters sheep centre, if you are out that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now