Talk

Advanced search

First trip to LEGOLAND, help needed

(22 Posts)
lisad123 Mon 15-Aug-11 20:03:37

Ok, heading to LL for first time ever. We have dd1 who is 8 years old and DD2 who is 3 years old (nearly four)
Any hints, tips or must dos??
What is a Qbot?
How wet are the water rides?
How costly is tea/coffee/food ect?
Do I take the buggy for DD2 who has hypomobilty and gets tired?

Hi Lisa

We are going next Friday with DS and due to DS's SN we will be getting an exit pass so I would have thought that you could do the same. This replaces the q-bot......

Will wait to see the other responses as great questions that I hadn't even thought of!

Katisha Mon 15-Aug-11 20:06:08

You need to read this.

lisad123 Mon 15-Aug-11 20:07:17

yes will be getting exit passes, and trying to find out what proof they need.

lisad123 Mon 15-Aug-11 20:13:04

very tempted by this here

Namechangeoshame Mon 15-Aug-11 20:13:41

Water rides are very wet, and if you have towel then DCs can also do water play zone. Yes I would take buggy in your circs.
Get there really early and hit your preferred rides first thing (unless your exit pass means you don't need to worry about queues, but presumably 8 yr old will want to go on big thrill rides (wihuch have the big queues) unsuitable for younger child).

It says The issuance of exit passes is based upon documentary proof of disability (Blue or orange badges will not be accepted as this does not state the nature of the disability). Examples of documentation required are: GP’s letter, Association Membership details, Council run membership, or any other form that states the disability so will be taking a paed letter as well as DLA.

smalltownshame Mon 15-Aug-11 20:19:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smalltownshame Can you give me a ball park on food prices ie the pizza place and the rib place or even one of the snack places like the chicken one...... ie are we talking £10 pp or £20 pp

smalltownshame Mon 15-Aug-11 20:46:55

smalltownshame Mon 15-Aug-11 20:56:58

smalltownshame Mon 15-Aug-11 20:59:44

That's not bad then really. I will do the unlimited drink as that seems a great idea. We are staying in bracknell the night before so we will be able to get there early. Ds tires very easily so will see how much we can get done in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon.

Thank you font of all lego land knowledge. Sorry for hijacking your thread Lisa smile

lisad123 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:11:07

wonderful stuff, thank you loads.
Ok plan to get there before 9.30am, take towels, raincoats, swimsuits, picnic, drinks, start at big rides near the back and stay for tea after 5pm and kids eat free grin
Oh and take paperwork for exit pass

fridayschild Mon 15-Aug-11 22:23:42

I wouldn't bother with the kids eat free offer. We tried it last time we went, had to queue to get in, the place smelled of junk food, and as there were two kids and one adult, it would have been £13 for me +1 and £8 for the other child. I fed them a nutrious tea of waffles with chocolate sauce instead... and the traffic was MUCH worse than if you leave at 3.30 or 4pm

DS1 is not lovely after fizzy drinks. There are water fountains near each loo if you look. I take one bottle of water and refill it all day.

Nice short queues for the rides at the end of the day though. Now DSs are older we might try getting to Legoland at 3pm and staying till it shuts with a picnic tea. Our normal tactic is to be there at opening time, picnic lunch and home after that.

Lego Atlantis is a new ride which might work well for your two. Go straight there as soon as the park opens as the queues get long. It is on the other side of the park and you can work your way back. The boating lake is also terribly popular, with long queues so get in quick!

lisad123 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:30:23

thing is, i doubt we will go back, so would like to make a whole day of it. If dd2 falls asleep in car at 4pm (which she will) I wont get her to bed till 10-11pm, she doesnt sleep long enough as it is. If I leave there after 7pm, she will sleep and just transfer from car to bed.
I have 2 adults and 2 kids and my sister said theres a few choices to eat.
Will certainly head to atlantis first

cherub59 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:46:49

We are going on Saturday with 3 ds' age 3, 2,and 5 months. It is little boy heaven! We have annual passes- never saw that one coming!

Yes get the qbot - fab device that allows you to avoid queues tho is quit expensive. We buy just 2 and alternate the adult going on.

Food is AWFUL so take a picnic. Usual junk food.

It can be quite windy/ chilly so take macs.

Yes take buggy- even just to act as a wheelbarrow for picnic/spare clothes etc

If you do get wet there is a full body size dryer to stand in to get dry!

Pay £2 extra to park in the car park right next to the entrance

androbbob Tue 16-Aug-11 13:05:07

Cherub - how does the alternative adult going on work - do you have to queue again? We are going next week for the first time - kind of looking forward to it but with trepidation due to being the summer hols, but not sure DH is overly keen. Kids of course are really exicited!

cherub59 Tue 16-Aug-11 13:14:00

We alternate only because I have a 5 month old baby so someone had to wait with him whilst the 2 older boys are on a ride with one parent. You don't have to name the people going on on the qbot so we book for 1 adult and 1 child (ds2 is only 2 so we don't need a qbot for him) and dh and I take turns to go on the rides with ds1 and ds2 IFYSWIM?

androbbob Tue 16-Aug-11 21:07:56

Ah, I wondered if we could get away with 3 for the four of us - not entirely sure we will all want to go on some rides as DS is only 4. DD is 9 and up for all the rides. Will have to have a think about it.

lisad123 Sat 20-Aug-11 23:31:52

Wanted to say thank you!! We had a wonderful day with the girls grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now