Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in Liverpool with children?

(9 Posts)
TheHouseofMirth Sat 06-Aug-11 18:51:17

Next Wednesday I've got 3-4 hours in the centre of Liverpool with my 6 and 2 yo DSs.

Any suggestions for (hopefully free/cheap) things to see and do please?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheHouseofMirth Sat 06-Aug-11 19:09:54

That's great, I thik we're sorted then! I was thinking about the Tate. I thought we'd be mad to visit Liverpool without doing something docks/boat related and I guess there'll be running around space down at the docks which is a bonus. Didn't know about the World Museum but that looks fun too, if we have time.

Thanks MMJ . And thank you also for the fact I now have the theme tune to Hong Kong Phooey in my head...

AshleeB Tue 09-Aug-11 15:18:04

Hi ,

I have to recently been away with the kids, for a weekend in Liverpool, as I am from Manchester!

And it was really good! and lovely weather! Crosby Lakeside smile

Its fun packed with water activities and many more like -

Football
dance
sailing
swimming

and lots more its so worth it and my kids loved it

Check it out smile www.crosbylakeside.co.uk/

Ashlee, Mum of 3

breadcrumbs Tue 09-Aug-11 21:10:03

We were in Liverpool last Friday and went to the brand new Museum of Liverpool, on the pierhead. The waterfront itself is brilliant for running around, totally safe, and icecream/snack vans around. Also keep an eye out for the superlambananas outside the museum. The museum is free and has a great gallery of lots of famous things from Liverpool's popular culture (footie, boxing, music, clubs, etc), loads to see and listen to.

Maritime Museum on Albert Dock also free and well worth a look. World Museum is good but seems to be packed every day of the holidays. Their Egyptian stuff particularly good.

Catch a ferry 'cross the Mersey and have a picnic near Birkenhead station overlooking the river (great views), outside the uboat museum. The station itself is being done up and has a gorgeous cafe inside with spectacular renovated balcony.

said Tue 09-Aug-11 21:15:45

Is the World Museum where the original museum was? The new Museum of Liverpool is very impressive. Kids will love that and the Tate

themothershipcalling Tue 09-Aug-11 21:18:02

It might be a bit busy but up from the World Museum is the Walker Art Gallery, they have a 'Big Art' thing which is for children. It basically looks like a cBeebies set and they can draw, dress up, read stories, do blocks/playdough all sorts of stuff. It's great, very child friendly, FREE and they can't get out!

MindtheGappp Tue 09-Aug-11 21:20:51

The Beatles Story is a great place to visit, even with those who were born after 1970.

pjwilliams Thu 11-Aug-11 13:02:10

i love taking my kids on the ferry, the Wallace and Gromit in Space at the Spaceport in Wallasey is a great day out

http://www.thebigmerseyadventure.co.uk/
http://www.spaceport.org.uk/content/Exhibitions/WallaceGromitinSpace.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now