Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

First trip to beach!! any idea please...

(6 Posts)
joguialax Fri 29-Jul-11 12:35:41

Hi, we're thinking of taking our twins (3 years old) to the beach for a day out -but don't know where to go.
We live in West Midlands, any suggestions for the best beaches that we can go to?... may be a day out or short stay, and we can make the trip by train or in our car.
Any ideas appreciated!
Thanks.

Kladdkaka Fri 29-Jul-11 14:29:59

The beaches in Wales are fabulous and also quiet. Ideal for little ones. (Tenby in Pembrokeshire is my favourite)

joguialax Sat 30-Jul-11 00:16:30

Kladdkaka, thank you so much for your suggestion, I am looking for information about Tenby. smile

CMOTdibbler Sat 30-Jul-11 19:56:10

We've just been to Weymouth, and it was a proper seaside visit - donkeys, punch and judy, sandcastles and paddling. Really lovely, and didn't feel tacky.

A bit too far for a day trip from you, but good for a short stay. We were camping at Haven Littlesea (way better than I thought it could be) and that meant we got the bus direct to the beach which was perfect

LordOfTheFlies Sun 31-Jul-11 21:56:23

CMOTdibbler we stayed at Haven Littlesea about 7 years ago.
Booked one of the 'child decorated' caravans.
Duvet covers were meant to be patterned with character bear.They were plain. Bedrooms had a couple of stickers up.
Caravans just a few yards away from the play area.( Bouncy castle and trampolines at £2 a go. With 2 children if they have one go on each thats £8 gone in minutes)

Nearby was a river estury which had thick black stinking mud.

The DCs who were 2 and 4.6 at the time loved it and when it was time to leave after a week DS protested "We've only just got here!"

CMOTdibbler Sun 31-Jul-11 22:08:28

We were camping, so didn't see in the caravans tbh. But there was free play areas, no bouncy castle etc, and it all seemed to have been done up v recently. But I did hear that it used to be a bit grim

The Fleet is tidal, but I didn't think it smelled, apart from seaweedy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now