Talk

Advanced search

natural history museum,science museum

(8 Posts)
hippienation Thu 28-Jul-11 19:42:23

have been there today with my 3 year old son and i recommend to anyone who wants to get out and about to make the kids busy...lots to see and thinks to touch perfect for any child...

joguialax Sat 30-Jul-11 00:13:59

Thank you for your suggestion.
I am thinking in this day out for my twins and your comment help me, thank you so much!

hippienation Sat 30-Jul-11 10:43:52

happy to know i could help... have fun

aupear Sat 30-Jul-11 10:50:18

Is amazing but don't bother going to the dinosaurs unless you go in school time or when it opens at weekends

snail1973 Fri 02-Sep-11 08:10:41

My parents are taking dd there on Sunday. Can anyone tell me what/where the park is that I have heard is nearby? They want to go for a picnic. Thank you

alphabetti Sat 10-Sep-11 21:09:47

Hyde park is a few minutes walk away so they could definately have a picnic there, if not raining!

Birmingham2011 Wed 14-Sep-11 10:48:27

The Victoria and Albert Museum is across the road too, lots to see there and it's free. It has a lovely garden in the middle.

funnypeculiar Wed 14-Sep-11 10:54:16

If the weather isn't great, you can picnic in both science & nat history museums, snail. IN nat history there is a bit down in the basement with loads of tables. In science I think you can officially eat in lots of places (ie on chairs throughout the museum) but again there is an area in both the basement (amphitheatre style) or on Launchpad level with tables. Both get very busy, so early lunch is worthwhile!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now