Talk

Advanced search

Maidstone Area Activities?

(5 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Wed 27-Jul-11 19:54:27

We're visiting the Maidstone area this summer I have a 3 and 5 yr old. Can anyone recommend some stuff to do?
Weather looks like its going to be rubbish - so some indoor ideas would be good as well.
Ta muchly

scrappydappydoo Wed 27-Jul-11 21:08:53

Bump?

talkingnonsense Wed 27-Jul-11 21:21:16

Mote park swimming pool has slides and things, and the park itself must haven a playground- tho I've never seen it! ( lived in Maidstone pre kids). there is a soft play called wear m out over the park wood end of the town. Also a cinema/ bowling type complex by the west station. I think there is a new river walk down to the millennium park. There is a small museum by the library, and some nice places, eg Leeds castle, within a short drive.

scrappydappydoo Thu 28-Jul-11 17:10:43

Thanks smile

needstosleepmore Thu 04-Aug-11 21:00:11

Leeds castle is near by which is nice and has a good play area which both mine like (aged 4 and 2). Kent life is also a favourite, which is a farm and has inside and outside playareas. Teston park is a short drive outside maidstone which has a walk by the river, large grassy area for picnics/bbq's/ball games and a play park.
There are a few soft play centres in the area. As well as wear m out which the previous person mentioned, Kidzone near Rochester and Monkey Bizz the other side of Chatham are ok. Mote Park leisure centre also has a smaller one.
Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now