Talk

Advanced search

Train trips from Sheffield

(4 Posts)
kerrylou6 Tue 26-Jul-11 21:10:15

Hi,

Anyone got any reccommendations of places to visit for a day out like zoo's, adventure parks, museums etc that we can get too by train from Sheffield as my DD (3) and DS (2) are obsessed with transport so would be good to combine the two!!!

Hulababy Tue 26-Jul-11 21:11:44

York - railway museum
Eureka, in Halifax

nonicknamemum Sat 30-Jul-11 22:59:29

Leeds Museum is walking distance from Leeds station and is free. Not big enough to be a full day visit, but if part of the fun is the train journey there and back it's somewhere to go for a couple of hours in between, and I think they have some activities for children on during the school holidays.

BikeRunSki Sat 30-Jul-11 23:12:48

Peak Distict - Hathersage, Bamford and Hope if the great outdoors floats your boat, from bamford coudl walk up to Ladybower Reservoir, woods, picnic etc
Manchester - Museums and Art galleries in the city centre
Lincoln - Cathedral, nice old city
York - National Rail Museum - next to train station - transport double whammy!
Halifax - Manor Heath Park - has a zoo thingy in I think
Bradford - National Media Museum (was M of Film and Photography)
N Anston, near Rotherham - Tropical Butterfly House, train to Kiveton Park, then taxi/bus for 3 miles
Hull - The Deep
Elsecar - short train journey from Sheff - all sorts of funny old shops nd things in Heritage Centre, including Soft Play centre
Barnsley - Metrodome Water Park - Lesuire Pool, toddler pool, waves, slides etc
Magna - Must be able to get there by train surely?
RSPB Reserve at Old Moor, Manvers, sort of Barnsley/Rotherham/Donny way - Triain to Wombwell, then a couple of miles walk I reckon. Kids activities, great outdoors, lovely cafe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now