Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eastbourne or Brighton ... WWYD?

(16 Posts)
mrsotter Thu 21-Jul-11 09:29:03

With a baby and a 3yr old, which would you choose?

I still can't decide!!

Cattleprod Thu 21-Jul-11 09:36:24

Eastbourne has a couple of good adventure play centres, one with a water park. They are on the seafront at the East end of Eastbourne.

A bit north of Eastbourne is Blackberry Farm which is a good childrens farm, and Knockhatch which has all sorts of stuff your 3 year old might like.

Brighton has a large aquarium. Not sure what else.

mrsotter Thu 21-Jul-11 10:55:01

Wow just googled for the water park and dicovered Fort Fun? Is that the one you meant? Is it as good as it looks?

Cattleprod Thu 21-Jul-11 12:54:50

Fort Fun is one and Treasure Island is the other. Also the Sovereign Leisure Centre just down the road.

I haven't been to any of them for several years so can't advise on which one is best, but driving past, they all look pretty good. Plus you can go and have a picnic on the beach which is right next to them!

mrsotter Thu 21-Jul-11 13:08:13

Thanks Cattleprod - I've just read the reviews of Fort Fun on tripadvisor and it seems pretty good smile

notnowbernard Thu 21-Jul-11 13:09:12

I love Brighton

Eastbourne is a bit blue-rinsey IMVHO wink

mrsotter Thu 21-Jul-11 13:19:14

What would you do with a day with young children in Brighton notnowbernard?

notnowbernard Thu 21-Jul-11 13:23:13

I've got good friends in Brighton, so I know it quite well

I'd go to the Pier (some people hate it but I love it)
Walk along the Prom
Have lunch in one of the many places to eat or drink either on the seafront or in the Laines
Get the electric railway train that runs along the beach
Stop at the playground which has a nice beach-style bar next to it
Go on the beach if the weather is nice
Do some shopping if the kids fell asleep (great shops in Brighton!)

There are also some really lovely parks in Brighton

Obviously that's a lot for a day trip but there's lots to choose from grin

mrsotter Thu 21-Jul-11 13:30:23

oooh shopping for me, beer for dh, parks, trains and beach fir the kids sounds like a perfect day out!

strawberrypink Thu 21-Jul-11 19:44:45

Brighton has two parks on the front one near the old peir which has a coffee shop and snack bar and wine bar and ice cream stand; take the kids swim wear a paddling pool and sandpit all in one space and the other one is down the other end on the way to the marina where the train ride goes to that park which is called peter pan park and it has sprinklers which the kids love and a coffee and ice cream hut really nice and friendly good day out.

mrsotter Fri 22-Jul-11 06:46:40

brighton is winning by miles atm!

Cattleprod Fri 22-Jul-11 08:04:42

Eastbourne has a pier and nice parks too! But I'll admit, the shops are better in Brighton!! Central Brighton car parking is extortionate too (unless some Brightonian knows a secret cheap central place to park, in which case I'll be forever grateful!!) smile

PestoCaffeinisto Fri 22-Jul-11 08:38:47

Cattleprod, you can park for free at the multi-storey car park at the Marina. It may now have a limit of up to 4 hours or something, double check that. But from there you can get the Volks Railway along the beachfront to the Palace Pier. You can stop half way at the Peter Pan playground and Yellowwave Beach Volley place. There are water sprinklers, a cafe, toilets at the playground and next door at Yellowwave, there's another cafe, beach volley, and a small climbing wall for children.
You can also get a nice glass of wine at yellowwave wink

Cattleprod Fri 22-Jul-11 08:41:41

Thanks Pesto - I'll have to try that - haven't had a day out in Brighton for ages!

PestoCaffeinisto Fri 22-Jul-11 08:54:13

You're welcome. You could also consider coming back to the Marina for lunch. There is a whole selection of restaurants up on the boardwalk overlooking the boats, such as Pizza Express, Zizzi's, Frankie & Bennies, Cafe Rouge etc.

mrsotter Fri 22-Jul-11 13:47:04

Brighton sounds pretty eay to navigate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now