Talk

Advanced search

Butterfly World St Albans area Anyone been?

(5 Posts)
Gaston Wed 20-Jul-11 13:06:47

We are thinking of going to Butterfly World very soon, not been before. I have seen website & think my 3 will enjoy it. Did you ?? We are v much sticking to a budget. Have you been to the Gift Shop &/or Cafe there? What's on offer? Any must-haves in the gift shops that I will end up buying for the kids? And do you think items are over priced?
Thanks smile

Empusa Wed 20-Jul-11 13:08:38

I went when I was a kid (when I was about 10) and adored it!

Haven't been in a long time though sad

helsbels03 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:55:59

We went last year with a 4yr and 2nd. The actual butterfly house is not that big but there were a lot of other things to do. My two loved it and we will def be going back this hol. Lots of other stuff to do - all free. We took a picnic and avoided the gift shop!

lisad123 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:58:42

are you sure its the same place empusa dont think its been going very long.

We are going in a few weeks. Friends have been and said its nice but nit been finished yet.

Zipitydoda Thu 28-Jul-11 21:39:55

We went a few months ago and were quite disappointed. It's not finished, much looks like a building site, play area is a slide and sandpit. To top it off, the only butterflies we saw were in the small greenhouse, none anywhere else! I think they should either charge less for entry until it's finished or give you a voucher for half price entry once it's finished if you go back again. Can't see us going back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now